Author Topic: Copy intro from one style to another  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Colin D

Copy intro from one style to another
« on: December 23, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a video or instruction to copy an intro from one style to another, I’ve found one video on YouTube, but I save the style and nothing changes, thank you all in anticipation,

Merry Christmas to you all,

Best wishes

Colin
Previous, Technics E44, E66, U90, G7, GX7 G100, Tyros 2, Tyros 5, now Genos,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNozAL1Whf-t4TJY5wPK57Q

Genos!

Re: Copy intro from one style to another
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Doing a forum search for "creating genos styles" will turn up some info.

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline Misu

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 12:04:24 PM »
Copy both styles somewhere on user just to be together.
Open the style where you want to copy that Intro with Stile Creator
Push Intro A (if you intend to put new intro instead of Intro A)
Modify the number of measures (length) to be equal with number of measures of new Intro A (check before on the second style).
Go to assembly and push the name of the style for each track and choose the second style(from where you want to copy)
Save.
On this process if you push Intro A and choose Intro B for all tracks you can add intro B from the second style to Intro A of this style.
Same logic if you want to change for example Chord 2 with Phrase 2
And save.
Hope to help you 
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: egianto, Colin D

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »
Here is a little article I wrote some time ago.
Style Assembly
Have you ever used a style and thought “I like this style but I do wish it had a different Intro or I wish it had that piano section that is on another style” This is exactly what you can do using Style Assembly in the Style creator.
You just need to do a little preparation beforehand to make this easier and save you darting back and forth to different sections. Firstly select the style you want to create. I have selected Midnight Swing in Swing and Jazz section. I am now going to save this to my user drive. I want to copy the intro and certain sections from Movie Swing 2 in Movie and Show section. I now save this to my user drive. As I mentioned this will save you time having to go between the different folders as we progress. Because I am going to change Intros I firstly need to check the amount of bars in the style I am copying from. In this case it is nine.
Now go to your user section and select Midnight Swing. Press digital record and select Style.If you have Tyros 5 you will press CREATOR and select Style. Press EXIT once to give you the view of the style sections. Tab to Intro three and you will see it is set to four bars. Press either button 5 or 6 down and increase to nine. Now press EXECUTE. Now tab to assembly page. You will now see all the style sections and at the bottom of the screen you will see we are on Intro three. Now press Rhythm one twice and tab to User. Now press Movie Swing and then Exit. Press Rhythm 2 twice, It will now probably go to user automatically. If not select it and press exit. Continue this way until you have done all the parts remembering to select the style you are putting it in each time. Now press play and listen to the end result. If you also want to change the ending then it is the same procedure. Always remember first to check the amount of bars in each style and adjust accordingly. Once done now save giving it a new name to where you want it. Either, user, HD, or USB.
The Movie swing style has a nice piano part to it and you may think you would like to add that to the style you have just altered. In that case then don’t save your style just yet. Note that this part is on CHD 2. If we look at Midnight Swing we notice that the piano part is on CHD 1. This I want to change in main C. Tab back to main page and select Main C. Now tab to Assembly again. Press Chord 1. Now in the Copy From section part select Channel and put onto Chord 2. Now press Chord 1 again and on user select Movie Swing then Exit. Now press start and you will hear you now have the piano part from Movie swing playing.
I hope this has given you a little insight into how this works and that you will want to try it.

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, egianto, Colin D, MadrasGiaguari, balcino

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
What you may of done incorrectly is NOT made the intro you copied the style parts into as many measure as the From intro. As you can not put a 4 measure intro into a 2 measure intro slot.

Here is my YouTube video which explains how to move parts of a style from one to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rJbNQom07w

I don't know why my 2 videos haven't been put into our lessons.

Merry Christmas :)
Drake
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 02:10:34 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: Colin D

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a video or instruction to copy an intro from one style to another, I’ve found one video on YouTube, but I save the style and nothing changes, thank you all in anticipation,

Merry Christmas to you all,

Best wishes

Colin

Hi Colin,
so far you have received some great tips from valuable forum members. You may have already solved the problem, but I can suggest you my video in which I describe exactly what you need.
I hope it helps. Let us know what you did.

https://youtu.be/Aye3XXEh0ZY

regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

Offline casper

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 04:33:37 AM »
Hi Colin,
so far you have received some great tips from valuable forum members. You may have already solved the problem, but I can suggest you my video in which I describe exactly what you need.
I hope it helps. Let us know what you did.

https://youtu.be/Aye3XXEh0ZY

regards, ckobu

Hi ckobu (Casper)

My name also happens to be Casper, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your informative YouTube videos that provide guides on how to use the many features of Yamaha arrangers.

I was editing a preset style and I particularly find your "Style editing - global and partial setting for each Section" video helpful and would like to recommend it to any member here who would just like to do some basic style customising.  I tried for hours to change the voice of a style channel (Phrase 2) of only one of the sections (Main D) by first going into the Mixer page before the Style Creator page, but on saving, the change was also applied to all the other sections. I was so frustrated until I learnt from your video that I needed to begin by accessing the Style Creator page first before opening the Mixer to make the change before saving. The Yamaha Reference Manual does not talk about this at all. So, once again, thank you. Please keep up your good job in sharing such valuable YouTube videos.

For members who are interested in doing something similar, here's the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/gJi_rqs-Mv8

Regards
casper
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:39:05 AM by casper »
Khaw Hock Lye
PSR SX900
PSR Tutorial Performer

Offline Paula

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 11:52:33 PM »
 :) :)
am I loosing my mind? I often have used the style creator on the T4 in this manner .... example copy main var D to intro 2 , I do this to choose some  tracks  and change the pattern time I copied to the intro  and then I am able to assign the intro to a pedal and use it as a fill that is set in my registration , I have done this in the assembly part of the style creator, I am unable to do this on the Genos it should  be the same or similar to T4 ,I would appreciate any help offered !!!! I sure do like the Genos great Key Board
                 Paula :D :D :D
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline RONBO

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2021, 01:16:21 AM »
Hello Paula

Glad you're enjoying your new Genos

I'm not sure this tutorial would be of any assistance to you ,but perhaps it's worth a look.

I watched it intently and I learned a trick or two; enough to try assembling a style on my own.

I envy players who can do this, especially as fast as the presenter does.

He has a second tutorial following the first.

Good luck, and let us know how you made out

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2021, 05:01:01 PM »
Dear friends,

I use quite a lot the Assembly function on Genos to modify original styles.

In addition to it, I made a styles folder that I named "Parts", where I save styles having some very interesting part, in order to find quickly the parts I can use for modifying other styles.
As an example, if i find an organ part or a choir part that I liked specifically, I save the style (a copy) containing those interesting parts in the "Parts" folder. Before the original name of the style, I add a short description ("Leslie fast/slow", "AaahChoir", ecc.)
If in a style I want to replace a track with a nice organ pattern, I just copy in Assembly from the "Parts" style the appropriate part.

Works easy.

Ciao

Angelo

Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.