Author Topic: Copying OTS to OTS, or from Registration to OTS, the style is not copied. Tyros4  (Read 3570 times)

Juan Perez

Hello Friends.

When I try to copy everything of, for example, OTS 4 to OTS 3, everything is done, included Left hand, except the style itself. (OTS 4-Memory-OTS 3- Save)

I can copy rightly the same OTS 4 to one Registration memory. (OTS 4-Memory-registration 8 f.e.) Everything is copied.

But, again, when I try to copy the registration memory to OTS 3 everything is copied, included Left hand, except the style itself. ( Registration8-Memory-OTS 3-Save) ( With Freeze on and off)

I have tried all the possibilities in the freeze screen without success.

Could you tell me what to do? Or is failing the keyboard?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Fred Smith

Everything you said is correct, and that’s the way it should be.

OTS is a set of voices. If you want to change the style, you need to use Style Creator.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline vanzee

OTS needs to be saved in Style Creator.
Press "Memory" > OTS 1...4 > Style Creator > Save Style
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

Offline overover

OTS needs to be saved in Style Creator.
Press "Memory" > OTS 1...4 > Style Creator > Save Style

Hi Eddie,

no, this is not correct. You don't need to go to Style Creator when you only have changed the OTS:

After you have changed the OTS (by pressing [Memory] followed by pressing the desired OTS button) just call up the Style Selection display and use the Save function there. (If the original Style was a Preset Style, you have to navigate to User drive or USB stick before of course.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:49:52 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline johan

Juan, OTS voice settings are part of a style, so you cannot save a style in an OTS. It is the other way around: you can change the OTS settings of a style and then save the style under another name (using the method suggested by Fred or Chris)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:27:27 PM by johan »
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline overover

Hi Juan,

I think there is a little "understanding problem" (on your part) here. ;)

As Johan just wrote: The OTS data are part of the Style data. The OTS parameters are saved directly in the Style file. When you load a Style, the OTS settings saved in it are also loaded. And of course it is NOT possible to load another STYLE by pressing one of the 4 OTS buttons.

It works quite differently with Registrations: A Registration is, so to speak, a snapshot of (almost) all current Panel settings. In the Memory dialog you can specify which parameter groups should be saved in the Registration.

By the way, this setting (specifying parameter groups in the Memory dialog) does NOT apply to saving OTS, because ALL parameters supported by OTS are always saved on the OTS buttons. These are far fewer parameters than can be stored in Registrations. In the Tyros4 Data List (section "Parameter Chart") you can see which parameters can be saved in the OTS or in Registrations.

P.S.
T4 Data List can be downloaded here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=keyboards&k=Tyros4

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 06:05:32 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Juan Perez

Thank you very much for the info.
I will try to digest all the answers and to see what to do.  :) ;)

Juan Perez

Hello again Friends

Thank you again for the info.

Using style creator as showed here, don`t give result.

The use of Style selection display and save it, of course with different name if required, is what I have been doing but don`t copy the style.

Let me explain what I am trying to do.
Copy
Style   variation   into Registration
1           B                      1
2           C                      2
3           A                      3
4           D                      4

And now create a new Style
Main  A From registration    1
         B                              2
         C                              3
         D                              4
How I should do it?

Offline overover

Hi Juan,

you CAN use different Styles in one Registration Bank (each Registration button calls another Style). You can also PLAY with these Registrations. (If the Styles are not Preset Styles it is best to copy the external Styles into the User drive and load it from there before memorizing a Registration.)

But you CANNOT copy Style Sections of different Styles to another Style this way. To do this you have to use the "Style Assembly" function in the Style Creator. (Please refer to pages 44/45 of the Tyros4 Reference Manual).

Note: Unfortunately, Style Assembly does not allow you to copy "an entire section"; you have to copy the pattern of each Channel separately.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:54:15 PM by overover »

Juan Perez

OK.
it`s a pitty.
Thanks  again.

Offline overover

OK.
it`s a pitty.
Thanks  again.

Hi Juan,

as I said, you can do what you want. The only thing is you have to do up to 8 steps (one for each MIDI Channel)  to bring a complete Main Variation from one Style into another Style (using "Style Assembly").

But in many cases it should be sufficient to simply work with a Registration Bank, which, as described, has its individual Registration buttons that call up the various Styles (starting either directly with the desired Main Variation or with the corresponding Fill-in).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:12:00 AM by overover »

Juan Perez

You are totally right.
Thank you for your support.