Author Topic: Main voice volume settings  (Read 2784 times)

Offline winternotes

Main voice volume settings
« on: December 22, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
Hi all: I did a search on this subject but I guess that I am just getting too old to comprehend .I have my main right hand three volumes set at 127 on my balance. I need 1 to be set louder. I know that somewhere else I once was able to select one voice and change the volume to louder.Getting frustrated!! Just can not find where !! Thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:51:04 PM by winternotes »
Having fun in retirement

Offline overover

Re: Main voice volume settings
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 06:37:48 PM »
Hi winternotes,

the easiest way is to lower the other Part volumes (e.g. Style, Song, Multi Pad), an increase the Main Volume a little, if needed. Then your Right Part volumes are instantly "louder". :)

I work with Style volumes of 90 ... 100 and Song (MIDI file) volumes of 70 ... 75.

If you play with OTS: OTS do NOT change the Style Volume! So just lower the Style volume to have "louder" Right voices.

If you play with Registrations: All Part volumes will be automatically memorized to your Registrations when the following boxes are checked in Memory display: Right Voices: VOICE checkbox, Left Voice & Style: STYLE checkbox, Song (MIDI file): SONG checkbox, etc.

Voice Set: (Please refer to section "Editing Voices (Voice Set)" of the Tyros4 Reference Manual, page 10.)
With most Preset Voices you can easily increase the volume in the VOICE SET:

Make sure the Part for which you want to increase the volume is selected in the Main display. Then press the appropriate display button (F, G, H) again to call up the Voice Selection display for that Part. Alternatively, you can use the Part Select buttons (above the Part On / Off buttons).

In the Voice Selection display, press the upper button 5 to open the VOICE SET display. In the "Common" tab you can use the "Volume" parameter to increase the volume of the current Voice in many cases. You can also use the Touch Sense DEPTH and Touch Sense OFFSET parameters to increase the actual velocity at which the current voice is triggered (and thus the volume). With this you can e.g. set that the Voice plays louder when playing with the same physical velocity.

Part EQs:
You can use the Part EQs (in the Mixing Console or in the Voice Set) to boost characteristic frequencies of a certain Voice (e.g. the midrange frequencies of a Overdrive Guitar) to make it "louder".

DSPs:
You can assign an Insert DSP to a certain Voice. Many Insert DSP types have possibilities to boost the signal.

P.S.
An edited Preset Voice can be saved as a "User Voice" (in Voice Set). But you can also simply save all changes to Registrations.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:54:24 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 07:40:20 PM »
You should move everything down, including the main voices. Then you have some leeway to balance. E G If you set alll three mains at 100 or 110 instead maxing everything then if you want one of them higher you have some room to maneuver.  Remember that the master volume control can always be turned up a bit to compensate for lowering voices and parts on the mixer, so you end up at the same overall loudness.
Mike

Offline winternotes

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 03:03:43 AM »
Thank you all. It was so easy: I think that my brain has gone on leave. Tap on the voice you want to change, 1, 2, 0r 3.  :)tap on voice set, change the volume.   :) :)
Having fun in retirement