Author Topic: How to edit songs recorded with sytles  (Read 2765 times)

chikitin

How to edit songs recorded with sytles
« on: December 21, 2020, 04:04:33 AM »
Hi,

Let's say you have recorded a song improvisation using PSR-S970. Then, I listen to the song and create a chord-melody sheet laying down the song part ( verse, chorus, etc.), but then I realized (always) that I need to

1) replace few chords
2) quantize the chords that play a bit late and snap them to a grid.
3) change style variations here and there!

What would be the easiest way to do that? Is there software to edit and update the song file and play it back using PSR?

Please note that I'd to fix the song on a computer or PSR itself, without re-recording any part of the song via punch in/out.

Is there a software to do that? Free or with pay!

Of course, one would say, why not playing it all over again. But I am not a very good keyboard player and need to play over and over again!

Any help would be much appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:39:28 PM by chikitin »

Offline mikf

Re: How to edit songs recorded with sytles
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:55:48 AM »
As long as the song is recorded as a midi you can edit it easily and seamlessly on the keyboard, you don’t need software. It’s easy to replace any section of the recording without doing the whole thing over again. There is a function called punch in/punch out specifically intended for this. Look at your reference manual to see how to use it.
If you recorded the song as an audio though, forget it, there is no editing capability.
Mike

Online ckobu

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
Hi chikitin,
Try using the new version of Producer. With it, you can later edit the chords played in the song.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57797.msg448528.html#msg448528
Watch my video channel

chikitin

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
As long as the song is recorded as a midi you can edit it easily and seamlessly on the keyboard, you don’t need software. It’s easy to replace any section of the recording without doing the whole thing over again. There is a function called punch in/punch out specifically intended for this. Look at your reference manual to see how to use it.
If you recorded the song as an audio though, forget it, there is no editing capability.
Mike

Of course, I know about  punch in/punch out! Maybe I was not very clear. I need to fix ( as it is possible) the song on a computer or PSR without re-recording any part of the song!

chikitin

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 01:16:28 PM »
Hi chikitin,
Try using the new version of Producer. With it, you can later edit the chords played in the song.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57797.msg448528.html#msg448528

I can't believe this is free! I try to install it on a guest VM box!