Author Topic: Registrations with a score  (Read 1864 times)

janamdo

Registrations with a score
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:07:09 PM »
Now it is possible to use Mobilsheets for making a playlist with a score connected to the SX 600 keyboard.
There are also a lot of MFD files (fakebook mfd) to find, which can converted to a playlist (on SX600)
These fakebook files don't have scores attached to it ?

I do have some studymaterial, but converting them to a Mobilesheets songlist is a lot of work.
So i keep them as paperscore to use with the keyboard

When you can play a lot of song from a score then a personal playlist in Mobilsheets is the way, but something else not, agree?

Jan 

Offline mikf

Re: Registrations with a score
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:58:01 PM »
Jan
I may have this wrong, but  i can’t help but wonder if you aren’t getting the cart not just ahead of the horse, but in a different county from the horse. My impression from your posts is that you are really a complete beginner from a playing perspective - single finger chords etc. Yet many of your comments relate to very sophisticated and quite esoteric connectivity issues. Should you not just be learning to play??
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 01:19:20 PM »
Play lists are Ideal if you are gigging because you can create your own programme in the order you want to perform it in. If you are just learning to play then these are not important at the moment and just using sheet music is better to learn by. Also try yo produce full chords and not single fingered ones as they are very restrictive.

janamdo

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »
Jan
I may have this wrong, but  i can’t help but wonder if you aren’t getting the cart not just ahead of the horse, but in a different county from the horse. My impression from your posts is that you are really a complete beginner from a playing perspective - single finger chords etc. Yet many of your comments relate to very sophisticated and quite esoteric connectivity issues. Should you not just be learning to play??
Mike
Mike,
Thanks for your advice
I am preparing meself to te learning to play and for that i must know what chord fingering can be used
Of course i know all of scales and chords , keys and can read music
So i am not a absolute Yamaha keyboard beginner as you got maybe the impression of me.

A collection learning scores registration on my computer could also be helpful, but for now i am using my study material

So yeah now i must learn further to play on this SX600  ;D
Doing this in the right order ..
Jan
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 02:42:41 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 02:38:09 PM »
Play lists are Ideal if you are gigging because you can create your own programme in the order you want to perform it in. If you are just learning to play then these are not important at the moment and just using sheet music is better to learn by. Also try yo produce full chords and not single fingered ones as they are very restrictive.
Eileen,
Thanks for advice
I think i try the AI fingered method: practising al little bit with triads and seventh chords and also a ninth chord for C
There is no lessonserie in the form of a playlist to get for SX600,  but i do have here some good studymaterial
Example here in studymaterial : For he's a jolly good fellow or Michael Row the boat ashore to set this op with Mobilsheets is too much work
Should be ideal to have all study songs in Mobilesheets&SX600 format, but that's mission impossible
Jan

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 02:40:27 PM by janamdo »

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 04:40:53 PM »
I dont think you need to be worrying about 7ths and 9ths yet, and at this stage it won't matter much if you use multi fingered or AI settings. You'll have to be able to roll off straightforward chords seamlessly without thinking and for much more complicated songs than these before that's an issue. The reason for persevering with proper fingering on chords now is that it sets you up for when you get to that level in the future. But in all honesty, that is not something that comes very quickly - as you will find out.
Mike

janamdo

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 05:54:15 PM »
Well, 7ths  chords are everywhere (rife) in my studymaterial ( 9ths ?..must look)
Triads with their inversions seamlessy playing is the first step then.( its good for composing ) ( but for keyboardplay i do have a oversight of chords in the best possible finger positions, so no need to know all inversions of triads)
The 7ths are rather easy to play in AI setting and in multi fingered you must grab the whole block 7th chord with 4 fingers.

Not to mention the inversion from the 7ths chords, there are a lot of them, but the studymaterial (course 1) shows how to play it
I do  see a example here in lesson 13 a D7 chord in a inversion ( find out yet? )(there is chord tutor on SX600)
Note: all chords in this course (nr 1) are probably arranged in a way that a playing a chord sequenze goes on the most easy way?

In another keyboardcourse(nr 2) in book 1, the C7 is played with 2 fingers, probably done this in order to master more easy the melodyplay? ( this keyboardcourse (2)is based to use  the one fingering chords.
But playing first one-fingering chords as exercise in this course (2) and again with fulll fingering chords?

Enough to practice .. :)

Jan
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:58:04 PM by janamdo »