Author Topic: Audio (WAV) Playing  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Tyroslover

Audio (WAV) Playing
« on: December 18, 2020, 03:42:16 PM »
I have a problem trying to play Audio WAV files with my Genos I can barely hear them with the sound turned up as far as it will go. Also another problem when try to play the keyboard through an external sterio amp it only play through one speaker
Has any other forum members come up against these problems if so how were they resolved
Thanks for any advice 

Offline overover

Re: Audio (WAV) Playing
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »
Hi Tyroslover,

make sure that the volume of the used Audio Song Part is not turned down in the Mixer or by the corresponding Assignable Slider. And be sure that the Cross Fader (which adjusts the volume balance between Song A and Song B) is in Center position.

Regarding your problem when connecting to an external stereo amp, please give us some additional information on the cables, Output and Input sockets and type/model of the external amp used.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:17:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Tyroslover

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 07:51:01 PM »
Hi Chris
Problem solved re Audio volume  slider in mixer was down to 4
Re external stereo amp. The make is a Denon PMa255UK and the leads are 2 mono jack to phono .
The amp plays stereo ok when I am using a record deck so I dont think the problem is with the amp

Many thanks for your assistance it is really appreciated
Regards
Tony

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »
Hi Tony,

thanks for the quick feedback!

For testing purposes, I would do the following:

- Use a different Input on the Denon PMa255UK amp (Aux1, Aux2, CD, Tuner).
- Check the Denon with a different signal (e.g. CD-Player).
- This way, make sure that the Denon is working properly (both channels, including the speakers).
- Swap the two plugs on the Main Out sockets of the Genos. If nothing changes on the Denon then (the same speaker / channel is still playing) it means that both Main Out sockets of the Genos are working.

Hope this helps!
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Tyroslover

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
Hi Chris

Many thanks for your suggestions I tried a different signal source into the amp and it worked as it should so problem there
also swapped the plugs around that made no difference but it did lead me to the problem which turned out to be a dry solder joint in one of the jack plugs so all seems to be working ok now

May I test your knowledge with another problem?  I have a number of Audio WAV file stored in the Genos most of them play ok but about 6 of them come up with the following ( This data format is not supported) any ideas? they all play ok on my PC

Many thanks again
Kind regards
Tony

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 05:13:41 PM »
Hi Tony,

nice to hear that the "only one channel is playing" problem could be solved!

The Genos can only play back the following WAV format:
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit resolution, Stereo

For example, Genos cannot play MONO wav files, even when they are 44.1 kHz / 16-bit. Wav files with other sampling rates (e.g. 48 kHz) or other resolutions (e.g. 24-bit) cannot used with the Genos.

So please check the properties of the non-working wav files using a suitable program on the computer (e.g. "Audacity"). If a file is not "44.1 kHz / 16-bit / Stereo" you can convert it into that format. Then the file should play correctly on the Genos.

P.S.
Make also sure that the filenames of files that are used with the Genos are relatively short. (A maximum of 46 characters is supported, otherwise the file will not be recognized/displayed. But such long filenames slow down the whole System on the Genos.)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 05:17:13 PM by overover »

Offline Tyroslover

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 07:48:39 PM »
Hi Chris

Once again many thanks for your assistance
I checked the files in question and found that they were 48kHz so I manage to change to 44.1kHz using Audacity so they now play ok
So thanks again and I hope that you have a good Christmas
Kind regards
Tony

alec_in_france

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2020, 09:53:43 AM »

The Genos can only play back the following WAV format:
44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit resolution, Stereo

For example, Genos cannot play MONO wav files, even when they are 44.1 kHz / 16-bit. Wav files with other sampling rates (e.g. 48 kHz) or other resolutions (e.g. 24-bit) cannot used with the Genos.

Many thanks Chris - couldn't find this nugget of info in the Reference Guide. I had given up trying WAV formats (from Audacity) - was using MP3s instead.