Author Topic: psr s950 key problem  (Read 5757 times)

humpe322

psr s950 key problem
« on: December 17, 2020, 01:54:08 AM »
hello everyone

i have a rare problem the key od D# and A#  3th octave sounds perfectly .. but when i press D second octave and hold it .. D# and A# dont work anymore.. only this 2 key... if i dont press the D in second octave everything works as usual..

here i attach a link so you can see ..!!

any suggestion will be more than welcome

link : https://youtu.be/OshcW5NApos

thanking you in advance

Offline travlin-easy

Re: psr s950 key problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 04:03:07 PM »
First, check the fingering mode setting and set it to multi-finger or fingered. If this doesn't solve the problem, do a system reset by holding down the rightmost white key while powering up.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 04:57:35 PM »
Thats odd.  Could be a glitch in the keyboard's programming.

Does it do it while accompaniment is on?
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

humpe322

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 07:19:02 PM »
thanks ... i have tried all the suggetions still same problem...

i did a hard reset ..  check finger mode is set to multi finger .. still no luck..

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 07:33:55 PM »
We appreciate the heads-up.. I for one, was wondering if you could solve this problem om your own.

Nobody on this great forum could give you any help, so I think it's off to the keyboard hospital for your s950.

Or perhaps you can live with it and it may correct itself over time. ( that could be wishful thinking)

All the best

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 08:14:54 PM »
Have you tried moving the split point?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Online overover

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 09:55:06 PM »
... i have a rare problem the key od D# and A#  3th octave sounds perfectly .. but when i press D second octave and hold it .. D# and A# dont work anymore.. only this 2 key... if i dont press the D in second octave everything works as usual..

Hi humpe322,

I think there is a hardware defect in your S950: It is probably due to either the key matrix (circuit boards MK-L and MK-H) or the key scanner circuit (board EMKS61A or IC1 "E-LKS"). (See also the attached picture.)

The device should be checked by a Yamaha service technician.

P.S.
You can download the S950 Service Manual here:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/ServiceManuals.html

But only reading this manual or running the internal Test program will probably be of no use in this case. As I said, an experienced service technician should look at this ...

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 10:00:18 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2020, 10:44:15 PM »
In other words, sadly it needs to go to the hospital! You have my full sympathy, as I had a keyboard failure myself a couple of years ago.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline bob4music

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »
Hi....
I had this problem a few years ago with my 950.   I learned that there is a part made from rubber under each key that had worn.  I ordered the part and although I’m not particularly technical, was able to take the keyboard apart and replace the part.  It has worked fine since.   

I don’t recall the name of the part but if you contact Yamaha I’m sure they can help.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas

Bob

Getting younger every day at the keyboard!!!!

Offline bob4music

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2020, 06:43:08 PM »
I found the part on eBay for $9.80.    It’s called rubber keyboard contact ....just search eBay for it and good luck...

Bob
Getting younger every day at the keyboard!!!!

Online overover

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2020, 07:05:44 PM »
... I had this problem a few years ago with my 950.   I learned that there is a part made from rubber under each key that had worn.  I ordered the part and although I’m not particularly technical, was able to take the keyboard apart and replace the part.  It has worked fine since.   ...

Hi Bob,

I don't think that the Rubber contacts could be the problem in the present case. When the Key contacts (which are closed by the Rubber strips) don't work properly anymore, some notes will either not play at all or play at full velocity. But with the problem described here (that two notes first play normally, but then suddenly do NOT play anymore as soon as a third key is pressed), as I said, I cannot imagine that this has anything to do with the Rubber contacts.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)