Author Topic: Handbooks by Keys Experts  (Read 2549 times)

Handbooks by Keys Experts
« on: December 15, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »
Hello,

surfing the web about Genos I incidentally met Handbook 1, 2 and 3 for Genos, published by a German firm called Keys Experts. According to the presentation and index, they should be able o provide tips & tricks, plus easier and additional explanations comparing to the Yamaha User and Reference manuals/guides. Furthermore, these books seem to be quite reach of photos of the display for each item.

Before to purchase them (not low cost...) I wonder if anybody of the Forum has had any direct experience about it.

Thank you,

Angelo

Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Re: Handbooks by Keys Experts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 07:33:15 PM »
Hi Angelo,

I've never heard of the series but I think most tips and tricks can be found on this forum. Even if the question is new, the wide variety of talented people here can put their minds to the problem and usually come up with an answer.

Nice of you to point us in that direction though ;). Perhaps you could post a link?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 02:08:47 AM »
Dear Lee,

thank you for your kind answer.

Here is the link:

https://www.keys-experts.de/eng/genos.html

May be upon your visit to the web site you could come back with your opinion.

:D
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »
Hi again Angelo,

From what I see in their software packs, there's nothing that isn't available in either the manuals that come with the Genos or in the topics on this forum. Do you have a specific question about the Genos? Before spending any money, post your question here, even if it's a very simple question like, "Where are the styles?" or "Where do I plug the headphones in?"

You'll find forum members are very patient with helping new Genos owners. You usually see an answer after a few hours. The Genos is a very complex yet simple keyboard. You can use its basic functions and receive instant fun or dig deep into its many adjustments and features. Forum members range from vey basic home players to solid professionals. Ask away. We're free :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »
Thank you Lee.

Actually, I've been visiting and searching the Forum quite intensively in the last 3 years, having purchased a beautiful Clavinova, after 20 years of Korg worships.
And I'm VERY happy with the knowledge I could develop tanks to the Forum.

About a month ago I purchased Genos, and although I had tested in shops a few times, listened in Youtube many examples, I'm more and more surprised and delighted. No doubts is the best keyboard I ever had.

So I'll keep learning from my friend of the Forum.

And thank you for your very kind approach.

Angelo

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 11:46:04 PM »
Glad to help, Angelo.

Sorry for the late reply but I no longer receive email notifications about replies to topics in this forum. The "wonder children" at Microsoft seem to have flagged this forum as spam in the hepa filters used in their email servers, and unless you earn what Bill Gates earns per hour ($16,000 per hour at last count - it's true!) there is no hope of fixing the problem. So, I just check in once in a while and hope I haven't missed something important.

Wow, a Clavinova and Genos? Good for you! That's what I call "living." Well done :)!