Author Topic: New SX900 owner is, um, scratching his head  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Jeff_M

New SX900 owner is, um, scratching his head
« on: December 15, 2020, 12:07:11 AM »
Greetings all, just received my SX900 last week after seven years with a S950.  Gotta tell you, I'm somewhat on the fence about this thing.  Sounds great, nice keybed and speakers, but I just can't wrap my mind around saving songs like I did with the Music Finder on S950.  I never did get comfortable using the registration banks and used the Music Finder exclusively which worked well for me.  Well, I can't figure out how get my Music Finder "favorites" over to the SX playlist.  I can't gig until I do this, and I suppose I have to figure out the registration bank stuff on this keyboard.  I've checked out Joe Waters' stuff and he's done a fine job, but he doesn't have a lot for this keyboard yet (which I realize is a ton of work, Joe).  Perhaps pushing 70 is slowing down my squash, but I sure could use some sort of tutorial to help get my info from one keyboard to the other and how to do the registration bank thing.  The owner's manual doesn't take long to escape me.  On the other hand, I get easily sidetracked just by playing the thing.  Suggestions welcomed, thanks.  :-)

Offline ckobu

Re: New SX900 owner is, um, scratching his head
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 12:19:25 AM »
Hi Jeff,

Switching Music Finder to Playlist is a very simple process. Unfortunately, it is not well explained in the instructions, so problems arise. I tried to explain it in this video, I hope it will help you. Activate English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/BF6ckJeQyIE

I suggest you watch another video after that in which I describe the creation of the Playlist.

https://youtu.be/rxnn8LA6Vao

regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 02:12:55 AM »
Wow, thanks for that first video which explains how the Genos can convert a Music Finder to a Registration Play List.

That is a total NOTHING burger as to what it does for the way I use the MF and the registration bank at the same time for each of my songs. But now that I know what the automatic conversion process doesn't do, I will begin making my own registrations on my current S950 keyboard. I can use this down time of the pandemic to complete this tedious conversion process.

Gonna make some lemonade out of this lemon time period. ;)

Regards
Drake

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 12:05:57 PM »
This video is using Genos but it is the same for the SX900.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nB6ntNgJhM&list=RDTOIXUzahIS8&index=4

Offline Jeff_M

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
Thanks for the response.  I'm tied up for the next couple of days but will check these tips out come Thursday.