Author Topic: Tempo changes  (Read 1264 times)

Offline mhack

Tempo changes
« on: November 04, 2022, 05:28:45 PM »
I want to slow a style tempo on a fast tempo style so I can learn the single finger chords easier. Can I then record the style/song as mp3 and and then load that mp3, reset to the original tempo and save it again? Geeez. Thanks.
Mhack

Offline BogdanH

Re: Tempo changes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 09:52:23 PM »
That's technically possible, but result usually isn't good. The thing is, if you change speed (tempo) of an audio file, then pitch changes -which is something you don't want. Some audio editors have feature to change speed without changing pitch, but that's usually only usable at relative small speed changes.

What you look after (I think) is the following: you save your (slower tempo) playing as midi file. After that you play that midi file at higher (correct) tempo. I assume it's not possible to play midi file and at the same time record it as mp3 -so you'd need to use main outputs on backside of keyboard for recording.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 10:06:30 PM »
You can play the MIDI file in the tempo you want and record it to wav on the keyboard, then use Audacity to convert it to mp3 afterwards.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 04:17:17 AM »
You should just put the MP3 onto a USB stick and put that into your keyboard.

Then just go to the WAV/MP3 player on your keyboard and SLOW the TEMPO down that way.
I use this method to learn Chord changes, intros, riffs and licks all the time.

Regards
Drake

The following users thanked this post: mhack