Author Topic: V-Console  (Read 4948 times)

Offline bpsafran

V-Console
« on: December 09, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »
The following is a post I wrote for the Tyros5 forum, but it applies to Genos as well.
I purchased V-console for use with my Tyros5 (single keyboard setup) and am extremely satisfied.  John Beesley has  been very helpful.  I use it to "fill out" my own registrations and user OTS for styles.   Those emphasize solo sounds and I often use V-console to add orchestral sounds (organs, strings, choir, brass) to both left and right hand.  The availability of more sounds for the left hand has to be heard to be appreciated, especially when playing without a style or with a free-play style.  The bass plays your lowest note monophonically and also adds a richness whether or not you are using a style.  Essentially, it triples the user-played voices from 4 (L, R1, R2, R3) to  4+8=12 in a way that lets the user assign the voices to right, left and bass.  John's preprogrammed registrations for V-Console are professional-grade, with some voices only coming in at the highest velocities, for emphasis.  Finally, an important tip: I assigned the assignable slider to  SONG and this then controls the overall V-Console volume.  I usually start off playing with zero volume for V-Console and add more and more volume as the arrangement proceeds.  I would like to see more registrations available from John such as world, new-age, home organ, etc.  Those could be based on his existing Tyros/Genos Magic registrations, modified for V-Console.  I strongly recommend V-Console which has tripled the sound of my Tyros5.  I believe that the newest version has a TRY feature which allows a few days of use before you have to purchase.  This copy-protected - free trial - version did not work on my Tablet, and I use an older version, but check with John about your hardware.

Offline bees2211

Re: V-Console
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 10:33:56 AM »
I believe that the newest version has a TRY feature which allows a few days of use before you have to purchase. 

I love hearing how you are using the V-Console software to enjoy your music making. Unfortunately, there isn't a free trial version. I use copy-protection to avoid piracy which requires an unlock code. The program will work for a few days in case there is a delay in getting the code to a customer.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:56:06 AM »
I thought I'd add a note in there, although I've commented in other threads a while back too.  I use the V-Console too, and really like what it adds to the keyboard.  It add so much more than what you can do with just the Genos (or Tyros etc.), and once you set up a few things, it's very easy to use.  One can get very lush, full registrations that would not be possible (or easily possible) without V-Console.  And for those that like to dig deep into sound design/modification, you can modify "to your heart's content".  A very powerful 'tool' to add to a keyboard.

-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 10:07:06 PM »
I've used the V-Console with my Tyros 5 TRX organ for several years now and wouldn't be without it. As far as voices goes it's like having 2 Tyros in one, but better! Very flexible and as Jim says voice editing is very straightforward.
Pam