Author Topic: A songbook for psr sx600  (Read 11954 times)

janamdo

A songbook for psr sx600
« on: December 08, 2020, 08:55:40 AM »
I like to play songs from my computer screen with the psr sx 600 ( if possible?)
Saw a youtube video where someone has a ipad songbook connected with the psr sx600.

He could select a song and it was ready for playing on the keyboard.
That looks to me very atractive for learning to play!
Assemble a library of songs.

This keyboard is a good learning keyboard for playing lessons , although there are some functions (concepts) who difficult to perform on the keyboard yet ( the control of the play list for instance)

So getting a songbook is the first step on  the psr sx600  ;)

MarkuzblooM

Re: A songbook for psr sx600
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 11:21:22 PM »
Hello,

Are you asking a question or sharing some thoughts?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 11:29:21 PM »
What kind of songbook? Lyrics? I don't understand what you want to do.
When I get a new keyboard I listen first to all the styles and sounds on it. Then I start figuring out if I can use any of the internal styles for songs I want to play. If they don't suit me I dive into my style collection, finding styles there that I want to use.
Yes, and I always disable AUTO POWER OFF. Then I make the settings I want on the keyboard, and adjust things the way I want them. Congratulations with your new SX600. It will give you tons of fun :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

janamdo

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 10:35:37 AM »
Hello,

Are you asking a question or sharing some thoughts?
Hello
Yes, its more sharing some thoughts
But the question for me is also how to get a collection of songs what is automatically loaded into the sx600?

I have seen a youtube vid with a ipad for a songbook connected with sx600, but perhaps is this also possible for on my computer a songbook ? 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:36:41 AM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 10:54:53 AM »
What kind of songbook? Lyrics? I don't understand what you want to do.
When I get a new keyboard I listen first to all the styles and sounds on it. Then I start figuring out if I can use any of the internal styles for songs I want to play. If they don't suit me I dive into my style collection, finding styles there that I want to use.
Yes, and I always disable AUTO POWER OFF. Then I make the settings I want on the keyboard, and adjust things the way I want them. Congratulations with your new SX600. It will give you tons of fun :)
Hallo
Thanks for the tips!
I hope too that i get tons of fun of it  :)
Yes, its that i must practising songs ( learning to play with styles )
A songbook on a ipad connected with the sx600 (seen in a youtube video) : selecting a song makes that this is loaded into the sx600 ..ready for starting to play.
A own stylecollection that would be a very good thing and especially for my play learning.
There is a playlist feature on the sx600 there i can store those favorite styles.
Its only that using the playlist by me is not going very well, because i can't handle yet.
That's the only hurdle how to work with the playlist , but there is more on the keyboard for advanced playing what i don't have experienced.   

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:00:37 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 01:45:35 PM »
Got a tip to use MobilsheetsPro, because that should work with a Tyros keyboard and probably also for the PSR SX600
Got some info about this :

Take a look at this post for the Tyros 4: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/showthread.php?tid=2415&pid=9776#pid9776

Still not knowing what direction to go for the setup with for SX600 ?

janamdo

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
Don't know how to connect PSR SX600 with Mobilsheetspro
Can't figure it this setup unfortanely.

janamdo

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »
Thanks very much Muddy!

Did not aspect to get it running, but now it seems possible made by you

Cheers
Jan

janamdo

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
The PSR SX600 is responding in mobilsheets as you pointed out, it works!
So now how about a pdf book : a easy  keyboard library title i presume then?

Can't get my hands on it how to get a pdf book right away
What pdf books are for PSR SX600 suitable, do you think?

Jan

janamdo

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »
Muddy Thanks,
So far i think its correct ( handling playlist on PSR SX600 is tricky as irt seems)
I musty now choose in Mobilesheets : the link icon
Can't find a piece of chain icon ?
I am stuck here.

Note: i was wondering myself how a pdf could in Mobile sheets could control the keyboard, but it is with the enclosed registrations of the songs that this is possible

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:26:05 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 08:40:07 PM »

This will import straight into MobileSheets with all the settings attached to it.

This is only  the Mobilesheets setup then?
These setup with registration banks must ofcourse also performed on PSR

It is not working : failed to connect to registration..the same i had with the other setup
Tried also the Genos setup, but

For the clear understanding: what are the startconditions for the songs ? ..i can see this for the registration buttons
Maybe it has to do with the MIDI setting : All Parts , this is also done for the Genos using this Midi All parts settings

I am using a virus scanner and who knows it is blocking Mobilesheets ? 

Offline reya

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 08:32:16 AM »
Muddy Thanks,
So far i think its correct ( handling playlist on PSR SX600 is tricky as irt seems)
I musty now choose in Mobilesheets : the link icon
Can't find a piece of chain icon ?
I am stuck here.

Note: i was wondering myself how a pdf could in Mobile sheets could control the keyboard, but it is with the enclosed registrations of the songs that this is possible

Jan,

The chain like icon will only appear in Mobilesheets, when the MIDI Device Type has been set to Genos in the Mobilesheets settings.

When pressing that 'chain like' icon, a SYSEX MIDI conversation willl start between Mobilesheets and Genos in which mobilesheets asks Genos which registration file is currently loaded and which registration button is lit.
The answers received from Genos are then stored for later use in the MIDI section of the currently being edited song in Mobilesheets. Nothing is changed or stored on Genos.
Note that one of the answers (the registration file) is shown in the top left corner of the MIDI edit screen in Mobilesheets

To my knowledge, so far only Genos, SX900 and SX700 can take part in the above described SYSEX MIDI conversation.
SX600 may not be able to understand it, in which case the linking request will fail and you may have to revert to the 'old fasion' way of linking, used on Tyros 5 and older Yamaha keyboards in a way as I described some years ago on the Mobilesheets forum (see link below)

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/showthread.php?tid=2415&pid=9776#pid9776

Hope this helps

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline reya

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2020, 12:01:57 PM »

Whilst Holding down the PLAYLIST Button on the SX600 POWER on. This allows (if the same as the Genos) you to see the file structure of the SX600 on the computer.

Hi Muddy,

On Genos, Holding down the PLAYLIST Button while powering on the keyboard does indeed lead to something called the 'USB storage mode'. Allowing one to see the Genos file structure from a connected computer as you describe

However this 'USB storage mode' feature currently does not exist on any of the PSR SX models. Not even on the SX900

Best regards,

Rudy

janamdo

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 12:07:17 PM »

To my knowledge, so far only Genos, SX900 and SX700 can take part in the above described SYSEX MIDI conversation.
SX600 may not be able to understand it, in which case the linking request will fail and you may have to revert to the 'old fasion' way of linking, used on Tyros 5 and older Yamaha keyboards in a way as I described some years ago on the Mobilesheets forum (see link below)

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/showthread.php?tid=2415&pid=9776#pid9776

Hope this helps

Rudy

Rudy thanks,
Seems to me that the MIDi specs fro SX600 are sufficient , there was a youtube video with a workingsongbook with ipad for SX600.
As @Muddy explains hopefully are the MIDI specs for GENOS and SX600 the same , but as i can see it now with a test : both ..general and Tyros setup seems to be not working for the SX600 and Mobilesheets

The idea is that i choose a song in Mobilesheets and icon link this with  the keyboard, then the registration ( registration bank) is loaded for that song.

Note: got some feedback from the developer of Mobilesheets about connecting SX600, so  i must wait and see
I wrote him that both setups : general and Genos are not working on SX600, so there is a difference in MIDI specifications.
for "MIDI all" on Genos and SX600.   

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:11:38 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2020, 12:13:08 PM »

However this 'USB storage mode' feature currently does not exist on any of the PSR SX models. Not even on the SX900

Best regards,

Rudy
Rudy,
That explains why there is no connection between Mobilesheets and SX600

Offline reya

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 12:14:21 PM »
As the SX600 is a New Keyboard It looks as it has the same Firmware Structure as the other SX and Genos keyboards so it should work in a similar way and not the way the Tyros worked, but I am no expert

Let's hope you are right of course!
But I have my doubts, after all, only 2 keyboard generations ago (PSR S970 era), it was not possible at all to activate a registration through midi on this line of yamaha keyboards. Not even the Tyros way.

It would be easier if Yamaha were to name this feature and mention in one of the manuals if it is available on a given keyboard or not.
But so far I have not been able to find reference to it in any manual.

Rudy

Offline reya

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
Rudy,
That explains why there is no connection between Mobilesheets and SX600

No, this has nothing to do with the connection between Mobilesheets and keyboard.
Only means that on SX600 you will not be able to see the internal disk of  the SX600 from a windows pc ....
If you could, it would make it easier to transfer files (from pc to the keyboard) as you could just copy files from your pc to you keyboard using the windows explorer

janamdo

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2020, 12:32:28 PM »
Rudy,

I connect now Genos in Mobilesheets and load a song
There is a message :
Genos File : USB:?REGIST/EZ PLAY..../ getback.rgt ( this in not hey Jude choosen inMobile sheets ?)

Midi commands:  Sytem exclusive -  USB .... same path as above
Clicking on link icon: make first connection with your Genos keyboard

Mobilesheets can read the USB station , what is plugged in SX600

Only midi in / out is not tickmarked now? ..not possible

Jan

Offline reya

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

If Songbook and SX600 can talk to each other then there is no reason that MobileSheets shouldn't

Agreed, only we do not know if Songbook is talking Genos language or Tyros language to the SX600
The SX600 manual does state that the Tyros way will work ...

Offline reya

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2020, 12:56:44 PM »
I think the Android version of MobileSheets Strips the SYSEX messages. This is a Function of the Android Software and not

MobileSheets.  So Maybe MobieSheets does not recognise the sx600 SYSEX messages and the keyboard ID needs adding to

MobileSheets By the author

When SX700 and SX900 came out, no change had to be made in Mobilesheets, this feature immediately worked.

janamdo

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 01:01:04 PM »
Muddy
Yes, that's how it should work
Note: made a mistake with two USB cable connected to keyboard ..there was nothing connected 
Now i correct this and a midi input and output is there as option in Mobile sheets

When i choose now Hey Jude in Mobilsheets ..this registration must be loaded in SX600 ..linking i get :  "Get Back" song  registration ? ..and this also not highlighted on the playlist
Its hanging on "Get Back" song

Choosing another song i got also a different registration song
Mobile sheets cannot choose the right registration?

Jan

janamdo

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 01:02:53 PM »
I think the Android version of MobileSheets Strips the SYSEX messages. This is a Function of the Android Software and not

MobileSheets.  So Maybe MobieSheets does not recognise the sx600 SYSEX messages and the keyboard ID needs adding to

MobileSheets By the author

Muddy,

I am waiting that hopefully Mobillesheet developer can make the connection ?

janamdo

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 01:06:00 PM »
Muddy,

I am using now the Window pro 10 version of MobileSheets
Could be that the Android version is working with Mobilsheets and SX600
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:08:33 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 01:10:28 PM »
Muddy,

What could be wrong to choose a song and push the linkbutton in Mobilesheets for windows 10 pro

Offline reya

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 01:12:06 PM »
Jan,
now that you have the usb connection correct .....

Load a registrattion file on SX600
Choose a different song in Mobilesheets (not the song that corresponds to the loaded reg on SX600)  and go to the MIDI tab
Look in the top left of the screen in Mobilesheets to see which registration the song is currently linked to (if any)
Then press the link/chain icon in Mobilesheets.
1) Do you get an errormessage ?
2) Has the name of the linked registration in the top left of the screen now changed ?
Do not save the song in mobilesheets ...

Offline reya

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »
Re link all your songs, if Registrations are getting loaded when you swap songs then mobilesheets and SX600 are talking to each other its just your linking that is wrong

I don't see how it can go wrong when using the Genos linking language as it is using file names and paths ....
Are you currently using generic midi setup in Mobilesheets (Tyros language), because there one can get wrong registrations loaded ....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:16:07 PM by reya »

janamdo

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2020, 01:18:51 PM »
Reya,
If i should start only with the registrations on the USB plugged in and  with no user playlist, then using Mobilesheets should load a song registration in a playlist ?
Now i have made at forehand a user playlist Beatles with all registrations

janamdo

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2020, 01:19:57 PM »
I don't see how it can go wrong when using the Genos linking language as it is using file names and paths ....
Are you currently using generic midi setup in Mobilesheets (Tyros language), because there one can get wrong registrations loaded ....
Rya,
Its GENOS in Mobilesheets

Offline reya

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
Reya,
If i should start only with the registrations on the USB plugged in and  with no user playlist, then using Mobilesheets should load a song registration in a playlist ?
Now i have made at forehand a user playlist Beatles with all registrations

I do not use playslists on my Genos / SX900, so I cannot help there.
The main thing I guess here is be to be able to load a song in mobilesheets and have the corresponding registration load on your SX600. Correct ??

And in order to know which language to use (Genos or Tyros language) we would need to determine if your SX600 understands Genos language, hence my question to try and link a wrong registration to one of your songs using the Genos link icon (= genos language) and see if that works.
Depending on the result we then know how to proceed ....

Offline reya

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2020, 01:30:17 PM »
Jan,

it is probably confusing for you when getting requests from both me and muddy so I will hold back for the moment and see if you get it sorted out with muddy.
If needed I will join in again later ...

Meanwhile ... Good luck

Rudy

janamdo

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »
Jan,
now that you have the usb connection correct .....

Load a registrattion file on SX600
Choose a different song in Mobilesheets (not the song that corresponds to the loaded reg on SX600)  and go to the MIDI tab
Look in the top left of the screen in Mobilesheets to see which registration the song is currently linked to (if any)
Then press the link/chain icon in Mobilesheets.
1) Do you get an errormessage ?
2) Has the name of the linked registration in the top left of the screen now changed ?
Do not save the song in mobilesheets ...
Rudi,

No problem to answer your question and thanks for your help !

A hard days night song is selected in the playlist in SX600
I choose "hey Jude" as song in Mobile sheets and  the top of the leftscreen there is "Get Back"song in MIDI mode

Currently is Hey Jude with registration "Get Back"
With linking: "Get Back"registration
1)No error message
2)No chance of name
No save

Jan

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:31:44 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »
1 load the playlist
2 press the first song on the list --A Hard Days Night it should change colour if it doesn't press load or double press it
3 on MobileSheets  right click the  A Hard Days Night 
4 go to the edit tab
5 go to the midi tab
6 delete the instruction by clicking the X
7 press the link icon   The correct Registration command load should be displayed if you get 2 commands delete them and choose the next song in the PLAYLIST Then choose A Hard Days Night again (in PLAYLIST)
8 OK to save
9 Choose A Little Help From My Friends on SX600 PLAYLIST
10 goto 2 But Change Song to the next one in the list
11 do this for all songs

If done correctly then choosing a song in MobileSheets Should load the corresponding Registration and Maybe?? choose a PLAYLIST song and it loads the corresponding PDF song

Muddy,
I don't see A hard days night in the songlist on Mobilesheets
I used your second file for testing

So  imust load the earlier song pdf from you for testing..
7) A "hard days night "selected on SX600 gives at linking in Mobile sheets also a hard days night midi command
So i must then save this first?..saved

Now "A little help from my friend"  the same workflow and saved

Got now two songs saved in Mobile sheets

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 01:54:47 PM by janamdo »

janamdo

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2020, 02:04:17 PM »
Muddy,

It seems to be now working finally  :P

Now two songs : "A hard days night"(1) and "A little help from my friends"(2) saved in Mobile sheets
When i choose now in the playlist SX600 : song(1)  on my computerscreen is the score is to be seen there and going to song(2) also the score is changing on my computerscreen

Also the two registration bank are correct 
This must be the intended behaviour of the setup i think?
The Genos setup can be used for SX600

Jan
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 02:07:35 PM by janamdo »

Offline reya

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
Muddy,

It seems to be now working finally  :P

Now two songs : "A hard days night"(1) and "A little help from my friends"(2) saved in Mobile sheets
When i choose now in the playlist SX600 : song(1)  on my computerscreen is the score is to be seen there and going to song(2) also the score is changing on my computerscreen

Also the two registration bank are correct 
This must be the intended behaviour of the setup i think?
The Genos setup can be used for SX600

Jan

Glad to hear !
Good news for yourself and all current and future SX600 owners!

Have fun

Rudy

janamdo

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2020, 02:22:28 PM »
Thanks Muddy and Rudy!

All SX600  users can now enjoy a songbook use for PC windows 10 pro
Have fun
Jan

janamdo

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2020, 02:38:17 PM »
Fantastic that it works on PC
Now i can consider to buy a cheaper PC notebook( tablet ) with windows 10 pro  ;)

Cheers
Jan