Author Topic: Help with the harmonizer please  (Read 1418 times)

Offline jeep4446

Help with the harmonizer please
« on: December 18, 2020, 08:18:38 PM »
Hi Friends , just got a deal on my new SX900 I couldn't turn down , traded my PSR970 on the SX900.  I asked the store owner what would he give me for my PSR 970, (thinking maybe 1000.00 for it) , he surprised when he said take the SX900 for 1000.00 cash tax in and my Psr970 . I grab it and ran out of the store thinking he may change his mind on the deal !!  lol

My question on the SX900 , Under the harmonizer settings it there a pitch correction setting , if so, how do I get to it ??  Hope there is a correction , I don't sing for money , need all the help I can get  lol    Thanks to anyone who can help !!   Manse

Offline overover

Re: Help with the harmonizer please
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 08:58:17 PM »
My question on the SX900 , Under the harmonizer settings it there a pitch correction setting , if so, how do I get to it ??  Hope there is a correction , I don't sing for money , need all the help I can get  lol    Thanks to anyone who can help !!   Manse

Hi Manse,

please refer to the SX900 Reference Manual, section "8 Microphone" (starting on page 93).
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

First go to "Mic Setting > Vocal" and set "Pitch Detect" to "Bass" or "Alto/Tenor", depending on your voice range.

To change the "Pitch Correct" settings, first select the desired Vocal Harmony type. Then touch the "Gear" symbol  ( )  to call up the Detail Setting. (Refer to page 99 of the Reference Manual.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 09:05:50 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jeep4446

Re: Help with the harmonizer please
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 10:12:03 PM »
Hi Chris , thank you sir for that fast response , I will certainly get out the manual and refer to the pages and instructions you've left here for me to follow , wishing you a Merry Christmas and be safe !