Author Topic: No Sound  (Read 4203 times)

Lloyd E

No Sound
« on: December 06, 2020, 08:25:09 PM »
I bought a Genos from a friend and since I owned a Genos previously thought I woulld have no trouble with it.  Think again!  Everything seems to
work except I can get no sound from it.  That includes presets, Demos etc.  It seems something has been turned off that effects the whole sound
system..  I hope there is someone who can give me a clue as to what to do and find that will return sound to the Genos.  HELP !!!!   

Offline 1970pianoman

Re: No Sound
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:51:47 PM »
Have you tried the headphone jack?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 09:02:05 PM »
Yes, see to it that an adapter plug is not left there. If you use the speaker set for Genos, check cables, and also check that the volume controls on the back and front of the subwoofer are turned all the way up.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:06:38 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »
Make sure Local Control is turned on.
These boxes must have a green check mark.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 09:30:27 PM »
Hi Lloyd,

to be on the safe side, make sure that the Preset MIDI template "All Parts" is selected. (This will set "Local control" to ON automatically.)

Then go to [Menu] > [Line Out] and make sure that all Parts (on all pages) have a green Checkmark in the "Main" column. Note: The Line Out settings (the destination of each sound) can be accidentally changed by Registrations (e.g. if you use Registrations of other users). The only way to avoid this is to use the "Freeze" function. (Check only the "Line Out" box in the Freeze settings, press Exit, and then activate the Freeze button.)

P.S.
If you use the GNS-MS01 speaker system, make sure that in [Menu] > [Utility] > [Speaker/Connectivity] the parameter "Speaker" is NOT set to "Off" (but to "On" or "Headphone Switch").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 09:35:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »
When you say no sound, is it sending no sound to the external sound system, no sound to headphones or both? Knowing this eliminates the external sound system as the problem.
Mike

Offline Ingar

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 03:46:42 PM »
If it worked fine for your friend, but not for you, and no setup has been changes, then it seems to be your connections or cables. 

BR Ingar

Offline dr4sight

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »
At one point my DGX-650 seemed to be putting out no sound.

Turned out I'd accidentally set my MAIN VOLUME to 0.

Sometimes it's the dopiest stuff.   So check all your volume settings.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 05:13:40 PM »
Don't you just love it when members who ask for help don't come back and tell you if they have solved the problem.

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 08:47:09 PM »
Don't you just love it when members who ask for help don't come back and tell you if they have solved the problem.

I live about 70 miles from Lloyd E and I've been in touch with him.  Turns out the guy he bought it from took it back and returned Lloyd's money to him.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 08:48:56 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
I agree with Eileen. It would have been nice if Lloyd could take a brief moment and let us know the outcome instead of keeping us all in suspenders ;D. If stephenm52 hadn't chimed in, there would likely be another 15-20 suggested fixes.

Are you there Lloyd? Hope you're okay...:).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 09:05:30 AM »
“no sound” was the right title for this post - in more ways than one!
Mike

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 11:01:03 PM »
Let me just add this Lloyd is really a great friend and a terrific guy.   He's in his 90s he has had a very tough year. He lost his wife of 51 years recently.  He is doing the best he can and was very upset that someone who is an acquaintance of his sold him the Genos. The seller  had been messing with the Genos and screwed something up and the Genos wasn't acting right.   I'd be fuming too!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:02:46 PM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »
Let me just add this Lloyd is really a great friend and a terrific guy.   He's in his 90s he has had a very tough year. He lost his wife of 51 years recently.  He is doing the best he can and was very upset that someone who is an acquaintance of his sold him the Genos. The seller  had been messing with the Genos and screwed something up and the Genos wasn't acting right.   I'd be fuming too!

I got a phone call from the PSR member who I shall not name but the man was the man who sold/swapped the Genos.   I was not there but apparently there was some confusion in the communication.  According to the man who called me the Genos works fine so to clear matters up it seems there was not a problem with the Genos. 

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 01:45:48 AM »
My 90 year old friend had the same problem with his Genos.  No sound.  He fixed the problem by replacing the battery in his hearing aid. :)

Jerryghr

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2020, 01:55:15 AM »
My 90 year old friend had the same problem with his Genos.  No sound.  He fixed the problem by replacing the battery in his hearing aid. :)

Jerryghr

Jerry,  Always loved your sense of humor you always manage to get a good laugh from me.   Happy New Year!

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

The following users thanked this post: jerryghr

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 01:28:56 AM »
Thanks Steve.  Glad someone appreciates my sense of humor.

Happy and safe New Year to you and your family.

Jerry

Offline Stubby

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 03:20:54 AM »

Jerryghr

Haha -- good one.  And I can relate to that!  I was getting a bit frustrating this afternoon when I wasn't getting any sound from my Genos until I remembered that yesterday I had plugged my speakers into a new powerstrip that I hadn't yet turned on today.   Wish all my MIDI problems were that simple to fix!  Happy New Year to everyone!

The following users thanked this post: jerryghr