Author Topic: Current firmware?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline jcm2016

Current firmware?
« on: April 30, 2023, 02:06:33 PM »
Hello,

In response to one the other other threads, overover said to make sure firmware 1.08 is installed.  My CVP 805 is only a few months old.  When I looked in the utility section, it says version 1.09.  I looked on the Yamaha website and only see 1.08, not 1.09. 

I presume 1.09 is more recent than 1.08, right?  So I presume I should stay with 1.09 and not install 1.08, because that would be going backwards?  Right?

Thanks as always.

Offline overover

Re: Current firmware?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »
Hi jcm2016,

Apparently there is currently no newer version than 1.08 for the CVP-805 on the Yamaha websites.

There may have been a 1.09 version and your CVP-805 was shipped with that version, but for some reason Yamaha then withdrew that version and never released it publicly.

If you want complete clarity on this, I recommend contacting Yamaha Support directly.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 04:00:41 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 09:04:50 AM »
Thank you.  Do you have a recommendation on a good way to contact them?  I'm hoping for an email or website that does get a response in a reasonable time, not a phone number.  Much appreciated.

Offline jcm2016

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 05:27:56 PM »
I contacted Yamaha today and they came back to me very quickly.   In short, 1.09 is from the factory and is the latest.

Q: I have a Clavinova CVP 805 piano that I purchased in January from xxx. The operating system says 1.09. I was told to make sure I have 1.08 because it fixes some bugs. I went to the Yamaha website expecting to find 1.09 as the latest, and then would be happy that I've got the right version. But instead I only saw 1.08. That confused me as I would think I should stay with the higher number. Can you please clarify?

A: Firmware version V1.09 was a firmware that was installed directly into the CVP805 from the factory so this is not currently available on our website as an update. V1.09 is the very latest firmware so your piano is completely up to date

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2023, 07:20:48 PM »
I contacted Yamaha today and they came back to me very quickly.   In short, 1.09 is from the factory and is the latest.

A: Firmware version V1.09 was a firmware that was installed directly into the CVP805 from the factory so this is not currently available on our website as an update. V1.09 is the very latest firmware so your piano is completely up to date

Hi jcm2016,

Sorry, I missed your penultimate post (where you asked for a good way to contact the Yamaha Support). I would have recommended you to click on "Support" on your country's Yamaha website and use the Contact form there (which you probably did).

Thanks for posting the Yamaha Support response! So we now know that the factory installed CVP-805 version 1.09 is the current one and there is no reason to downgrade to V1.08.

However, I am wondering why Yamaha does not offer V1.09 (so far) for public download and what the differences to V1.08 are definitely.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)