Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

MS01 Speaker problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

Genos!:
You might want to do a system [hard] reset.

Don't do any firmware updates!

If the Genos is bad, you might have to do a return.  :-\

Rick D.:
Navsail2000,

Check the pins on the subwoofer arent bent over. This plug is very fragile, and great care needs to be used when plugging it in on both ends.
Are the speakers you are using in Line Out sockets powered? THey need to be powered and also make sure you are plugged into the MAIN R and L/L+R sockets, not the sub sockets.
It seems strange that the Satellite speakers are working, as I am pretty sure they are powered thru the subwoofer. Are you getting a blue light on the front of the subwoofer when you power it on?
You mentioned you have the volume up on the back and front, so you're good there. Go to Menu1 Line out. Make sure everything is checked on all 5 pages.

Hope this helps,

Rick D.

navsail2000:

Thanks Rick for the comprehensive answer but I think all of these things have been checked. The pins are not bent over, the blue light is on the subwoofer and the satellite units work perfectly. I agree it seems strange that they should work and not the woofer as the signal goes through it. If there was a fault with the sub then it is hard to see why that should affect the lineouts which I have checked are all enabled for MainR and L/L+R which is what I am using.

I feel a 350km round trip to Barcelona coming on to get it all checked out in the store but it should not be necessary with the money this lot cost me.

Rick D.:
navsail2000,

I would try calling Yamaha before making the long trip. It might be something simple, that we are missing.

Rick D.

Toril S:
I would try getting a new cable, maybe there is a fault with it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version