Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Speakers / Foot Pedals

MS01 Speaker problems

<< < (3/3)

frozzers:
This sounds similar to what was reported here:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=50315.0

David Young's solution might fix your issue too.

If it's only a matter of removing the back plate, it shouldn't void your warranty.

Cheers

Chris

overover:
Hi Malcolm,

you wrote that the two satellite speakers work normally, but the Subwoofer doesn't. This means that the problem MUST be with the Subwoofer, because:

The satellite speakers are passive, so these two amps (which are built into the Subwoofer) work.

The stereo signal from the Genos to the Subwoofer (via the 8-pin mini DIN cable) is transmitted properly because the satellites are working. (The same signal is used to control the power amp for the Sub loudspeaker.)

I suspect that there is a problem with one of the following components:
- Sub pre amp
- Sub power amp
- Sub loudspeaker
- Defect of an internal cable or a circuit break on an internal circuit board somewhere between the 8-pin mini DIN Input socket and the named components.

If the Subwoofer still does not emit any sound, a Yamaha service technician will have to take a closer look at the device. But since it is, as you wrote, still brand new, I recommend that you simply send the device (the GNS-MS01) back to the seller and insist on an exchange for a faultless device.

Best regards,
Chris

Rick D.:
Chris,

He is still having problems with his external speakers and the aux out ports as well.

Rick D.

navsail2000:

Hi everyone and thank you for all the replies. I have delayed responding because I was waiting for a conclusion to the matter from the shop and Yamaha Spain.

To cut a long story short, the GNS MS01 issue was confirmed by Yamaha to be a faulty unit right out of the box.

The situation with the Line Out issues is not so clear as it was suddenly it was there and I am not sure what action I took that restored it. It may or may not have been a firmware update.

Anyway, all is good on the music front now. The store which is a mega music store in Barcelona were very helpful throughout and put me in contact with a local Yamaha person who even made a house visit. All the more impressive since we live in the country half way up a Spanish mountain!

As I said, this was a contact supplied by the store. Less than impressive were the listed Yamaha contacts who never replied!

Feliz Navidad to you all.

Toril S:
So glad all is well!! Feliz Navidad❤️🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version