Author Topic: Anyone get ForScore working with the SX-900?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline kbrkr

Anyone get ForScore working with the SX-900?
« on: November 30, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
I'd like to be able to use ForeScore to change/select Playlist entries on the SX-900.

Has anyone figured out the MIDI codes to send from the software to the keyboard?

Thanks
Al

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Anyone get ForScore working with the SX-900?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
I'd like to be able to use ForeScore to change/select Playlist entries on the SX-900.

Has anyone figured out the MIDI codes to send from the software to the keyboard?

You can’t get playlist entries selected. However, a playlist simply refers to a registration, which you can get Forscore to load. Hopefully, that will suffice for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline kbrkr

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:57:25 PM »
Thanks Fred, how do you recall registrations?  I thought you needed to use SysEx, but ForScore does not allow Sysex msg's to be sent.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 12:47:39 AM »
Thanks Fred, how do you recall registrations?  I thought you needed to use SysEx, but ForScore does not allow Sysex msg's to be sent.

Hi Al,

did you already TRY the MIDI Learn function of ForScore?

I is not needed to enter SysEx manually, it would be enough if the MIDI Learn function was able to record the SysEx string that is automatically transmitted by the SX900 on calling up a Registration.

And these recorded SysEx would of course have to be properly sent back to the SX900 when the song in question is called up in ForScore. Have you really tested this yourself?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 12:56:38 AM »

I don't use Forscore, just SongBook, but I remember other threads that talked about the required commands in Forscore. Just a matter of searching this board for them.

If it helps, Songbook doesn't need Sysex commands, just LSB, MSB, Program change, etc.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline reya

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 07:42:34 AM »
To my knowledge only Songbook+ and Mobilesheets(pro) use the SYSEX way of linking registrations to scores.
I can confirm that it works using Mobilesheets with a PSR SX900, so it should also work with Songbook+

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets