Author Topic: TYROS 5.WAV PROBLEM  (Read 2305 times)

patricia jean

TYROS 5.WAV PROBLEM
« on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:11 AM »
I have imported a WAV song into my USB to Playalong..with it in my keyboard... but. it doesnt show up when inserting it into my T5.
It does show in the USB on my laptop.Should it play on my T5.   perhaps someone might know and can help.
Thank you
Patricia

Offline overover

Re: TYROS 5.WAV PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 09:19:58 AM »
Hi Patricia,

please check these things:

1) The format of the file must be: 44.1 kHz sampling rate, 16-bit resolution, stereo, file extension .wav

2) The filename must not be longer than 41 characters. Try to rename the file to a short name on the computer. And the best is not to use special characters in the filename (at least for your tests).

3) Of course you have to be in the correct File Selection display (in this case in the Audio Recorder/Player). (In the File Selection displays for e.g. Style, MIDI Song, Registration etc. you cannot see Audio files.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:22:17 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

patricia jean

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »
Hi Chris
I dont fully get what you are saying but will try my best.  I used to playalong to audio songs a long time ago when I had
a  much older Tyros,  but cannot remember how...Do you recall albums called "The Voice " which had an enclosed CD
with playalong tracks,  I think the albums are still available...just for fun
Thank you for your kind help.
Patricia

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »
Hi Chris
I dont fully get what you are saying but will try my best.  I used to playalong to audio songs a long time ago when I had
a  much older Tyros,  but cannot remember how...Do you recall albums called "The Voice " which had an enclosed CD
with playalong tracks,  I think the albums are still available...just for fun
Thank you for your kind help.
Patricia

Checks into things one at a time, Patricia.

1. Are you looking for the file in the right spot? You have to use the Audio buttons on the right side of the keyboard to access the file.
2. Is the file name too long? If so, rename it.
3. Is the file in the right format? Use a program like Audacity to check. If it’s in the wrong format, Audacity can convert it for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

patricia jean

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 02:39:09 PM »
Hello Fred
I tried shortening the title...and guess what it works.  so very many thanks
and Hope you have a nice Xmas in these bad times.
Patricia

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 04:20:15 PM »
Hi Patricia,

glad to hear it is working for you now. (In my first post I also suggested shortening the file name. Maybe you overlooked that at first ... :) )

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 04:26:40 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)