Author Topic: A way to use GM voices inside Ensemble parts  (Read 3488 times)

Francesco Massa

A way to use GM voices inside Ensemble parts
« on: November 29, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
Hi friends,
is there a way to edit an .ENV file to "unlock" all the other preset/expansion voices? For example manually changing LSB/MSB of the linked voices into the .ENV file overwriting them with other ones that are not available on Genos default library?
Thanks
Francesco

EDIT: I've found a way to merge GM voices in Ensemble parts via MIDI. I set Genos MIDI receive channels like this:
Port1 Ch1 - Left
Port1 Ch2 - Right1
Port1 Ch3 - Right2
Port1 Ch4 - Right3

Next step: with Reaper MIDI control plugin I've selected the MSB 109 (Ensemble Voices Bank) and LSB 0. Now, if I change the program from 0 to 127, I have all GM voices inside the Ensemble parts ;)
As you can see on the attached picture, icon and name of the "intruder" voice are not available and replaced with a generic piano image, but all parameters work good.

Francesco

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:25:50 PM by Francesco Massa »

Offline overover

Re: Ensemble Voice tweaking
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:36:22 PM »
Hi Francesco,

an .ENV file is not a (MIDI file based) Voice Set file like e.g. a .VCE file. In contrast, an .ENV file is something like a Registration file. But obviously it is also different to the .RGT format. Unfortunately, I don't know in which way an .ENV file could be opened or edited.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:37:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Online EileenL

Re: Ensemble Voice tweaking
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 01:53:59 PM »
I think the idea was to give us a selection on voices that suited Ensemble which as you know you can mix and edit within the programme.

Offline Teknoss

Re: A way to use GM voices inside Ensemble parts
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 11:10:44 PM »
That’s very interesting! Thanks for the tip.
Perhaps we can try the same but with custom voices?
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27