Author Topic: Fiesta Caliente 2 link  (Read 4332 times)

Fiesta Caliente 2 link
« on: November 26, 2020, 05:26:23 AM »
I'm searching pack Fiesta Caliente 2 in ppf format, does anyone have it? I would appreciate it

Online EileenL

Re: Fiesta Caliente 2 link
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 05:42:09 PM »
Thanks ;)

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 06:31:10 PM »
I'm searching pack Fiesta Caliente 2 in ppf format, does anyone have it? I would appreciate it

Hi marcos_83_ma,

WHY are you searching for the "Fiesta Caliente Vol.2" Pack in .ppf format?

Officially, this Pack is apparently only available in the protected .cpf format at the moment (for PSR-970/770/975/775 and PSR-SX900/700).

This Pack cannot currently be installed on other models (e.g. Genos, Tyros5, PSR-A3000). Yamaha definitely has a .ppf version of this Pack, but does not want to make it publicly available, presumably for reasons of copy protection.

If you want to install the Pack on one of the models I have named, the only way would be to contact Yamaha Support and ask that the Pack be made available in .cpf format for the models that are not yet supported. (In .ppf format they will probably not want to give out the Pack ...)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:32:14 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline manuel

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »
Hello everyone

As you know, I am part of the team that develop this expansion packs, in the specific case of the Fiesta Caliente 2, we made 3 versions of the same pack, here is why, to take advantage of the superior voice generation of the Genos, the PSR SX900 and we made a "generic" for the PSR Sx700 and PSR S series.....the last one is the version currently available.

And as you know, Yamaha is been working on the new Yamahamusicsoft page, and we already report them that the Genos and PSR SX900 versions are not up yet, so, as soon they upload them, I encourage you to replace it you will see a big difference in the OTS and Registrations of the separate packs.

There is one tip (easter egg), I would like to share with you, the Multipads on ANY of the versions, we made many Multipads for this pack, but, If you play ballads like Can you read my mind, Ice Castles, etc......please, check the RomanticBallad1 and RomanticBallad2.....the Mujltipad 4, in the RomanticBallad1 the MP4 is a String that would play (depending of your chord changes, a nice sort of "Counter Melody", and in the MP4 of the RomanticBallad2 is the same only this time the MP4 will play a French Horn doing the same "Counter Melody".

I think you will be surprise how nice embellish your music, and by a "happy accident" I discover that can be use this way.....
I hope you find it useful.....

Thank you for your time...

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Iurcuyo

Online EileenL

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »
Hi Manuel,
Have just tried this pack in the SX900 and it is very good. Like the Multi Pads you mentioned. Work well.

Offline manuel

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
Eileen, I am glad you like it.....just for info to the other good friends that have the PSR SX, Genos, etc....The "Counter Melody" with the Multipads RomanticBallad1 and RomanticBallad2, work with ANY Style (Ballads or 8Beat, 16Beat, etc), either Preset or user as long is 4/4 you can try it or even edit the Multipads and if you wish, "merge" the to MP4s in one single Multipad Bank, and have it in  User......you may combine some other like the Tree bell, that is on the MP Cymbal&Chimes 4, etc, and make a single bank where you have all the effect/sounds you want.

Manuel Dorantes
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline wersianer

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 05:13:47 PM »
Hi Manuel,

as a T5 owner, can you also benefit from these multipads? Would you share it?

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 09:09:03 AM »
Hello Manuel,

Do you think that Yamaha will finally place on MusicSoft USA free Packs and voices for the Tyros 4 because in France many of us are waiting for this moment.
Best regards

Jean-Pierre 33

Online EileenL

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »
I would be very surprised to see this as Tyros 4 used a completely different system and many of the packs today were not around then.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 11:13:36 PM »
Good evening Eileen,
Of course the old Tyros 4 Packs are technically different and fewer in number as we all know.
I'm not talking about the new packs using YEM but about the old Tyros 4 packs and voices that Yamaha still offered a little while ago before the long transformation of MusicSoft. I hope that Yamaha will also offer them for free on MusicSoft for those, like me, who still own a Tyros 4 in large numbers. It's just a question of equality because I don't see why only owners of new keyboards requiring YEM would be the only beneficiaries of this commercial advantage.
That was the subject of my question. Manuel will perhaps tell us a little more on this point.
Best regards
Jean-Pierre 33
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:07:59 AM by Jean-Pierre 33 »

Online EileenL

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2020, 02:03:17 PM »
I expect it is because the new packs have been made for use with YEM so it was quite easy to make them free as they were ready to go. The Tyros 4 system is now many years old and packs may no longer be available on Music soft site. Have you asked if anyone on here still has some UVI type packs they could perhaps share with you.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »
Good evening Eileen,
You are very kind to answer me.
I'm not asking that the new Tyros 5 and Genos packs and voices work with Tyros 4, I know this is not possible but I'm just asking that all Tyros 4 packs and voices that were still present on the old MusicSoft Europe lust before its destruction, are also free!
I see that they are simply missing and I cannot get them for free.
I also noticed that the destination of France and many countries in Europe and many other foreign countries are not mentioned in the current MusicSoft listing which only concerns the states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California , Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland ,, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana; Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont , Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
and in fact I cannot ask any questions directly to Yamaha which is not normal.
Yamaha waiting for what ??

Best regards?

Jean-Pierre 33

Offline overover

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 08:27:04 PM »
Hi Jean-Pierre,

just go to "Address Book" section in your account on "shop.usa.yamaha.com". Select "France" as your "COUNTRY". Then you can select your region under "STATE/PROVINCE". :)

(See also the attached picture.)

P.S.
You can contact the Yamaha MusicSoft Support via this support form:
>>> https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/contact?product-order

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:32:22 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »
Good evening Chris,

Thank you for your explanations.

This site is not as user friendly as Yamaha Keyboards.
I hope to have an answer of Yamaha on the absence of the old Tyros 4 Packs.

Best regards

Jean-Pierre 33
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 08:15:38 PM by Jean-Pierre 33 »

Offline manuel

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »
To Overover

You CAN install the PPF into a Genos, Tyros5
My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline overover

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
To Overover

You CAN install the PPF into a Genos, Tyros5

Hi Manuel,

which Pack do you mean here i.e. to which post are you referring here?

Of course I know that we can install PPF Packs in principle on all YEM compatible models. (In some cases, not all Voices may be compatible.)

But the problem is that Yamaha do not give us PPF versions of many Packs but only protected CPF versions. And these "new" CPF files can only be installed on exactly one model. Therefore, if Yamaha only give us multiple CPFs of a certain Pack e.g. for PSR-S970/975/770/775, PSR-SX900/700, there is no way to install this Pack on other models like Genos, Tyros5 or PSR-A3000, because we don"t have a PPF version of that Pack. :(

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:00:10 PM by overover »

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 11:10:55 PM »
For Manuel,
Cris is right, the Packs  must systematically be edited in .PPF format !
Now what to say about Tyros 4 which no old Voices, Styles and Packs appear on the new MusicSoft.
The Tyros 4 no longer interests Yamaha?
Manuel, thank you in advance for bringing us your insights and failing that, to go back a little higher.
Best Regards

Offline manuel

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 12:37:25 AM »
 I am referring to all the Recent Expansion Packs from 2018 and until now......is very obvious that no one is going to be developing the new recent expansion packs for a two or three times discontinued model....

As an example, the Mariachi Norteņo Pack(PPF) has NOT been convert it to either the Tyros5 or Genos, and in both cases, I could and can install the PPF files into those models using the YEM among other packs. Of course, You may have to make your own registrations, etc....but it WORKS.

I have seen how sometimes people can overcomplicate themselves. 

My 2 Cents

Manuel

Offline overover

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 01:22:58 AM »
Hi Manuel,

maybe YOU can receive a PPF version of all desired Packs from Yamaha. But since all Yamaha Packs are free now, Yamaha obviously decided to give them away only as "model specific", protected CPF versions (to "normal users").

Therefore, we cannot install these Packs on instruments for which Yamaha "forgot" to create a specific CPF version. And on instruments for which there IS a CPF version available, we cannot make any own adjustments to the relevant Pack in the YEM (or even create "best of" Packs from it), as we are used to with PPF packs.

Maybe YOU could put in "a good word" in this regard at Yamaha for (all) free Packs to be made available to all users also as PPF versions.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:35:09 AM by overover »

Offline ektor_s900

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2020, 05:22:13 AM »
Hello Manuel, it is good to have you in this forum, my concern is little different but I need your help that is why I write here;
My concern has to do with the new percussion kits such as the CUBANHANDKIT - CUBANSTICKKIT and CUBANFULLKIT, I currently have a s975, in the creation edition option, there is a new option called DRUM SETUP, thanks to this option one can see what sound or instrument it comes in every key, but with the percussion kits mentioned above (cubanhandkit-cubanstickkit-cubanfullkit) right?
My question is there any way to know which key is each instrument in these new kits, I appreciate your help.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ektor PSR-510-630-740-3k-S900-GW8L-S910-S970