Author Topic: GENOS, TYROS EXPANSION SOUND PACKS - BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT  (Read 3555 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

GENOS, TYROS EXPANSION SOUND PACKS - BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:58:35 PM »
I received following promotional offer for Black Friday ' EXPANSION SOUND PACKS ' for GENOS, TYROS etc

http://www.expansionsoundpacks.com/black-friday.php

Not sure how genuine this is.

Regards
Oz

Offline ugawoga

Re: GENOS, TYROS EXPANSION SOUND PACKS - BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 07:17:00 PM »
Hi
Do not waste your money.

Get Sample Robot and sample VST Instruments and as many as you like for Tyros and Genos.
This person or company probably has done that or something like that.
Computer , Yem , Sample robot and VST Instruments  and away you go after about a couple of weeks learn curve.

ATB
JOhn
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 09:38:45 PM »
I got mail from them. How did they get my adress?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 01:35:16 AM »
Hi Toril

I think it because other companies you purchased items off sell addresses on to other companies.
When you send for an item through the post, make a spelling mistake or call yourself by another first name and that way you can tell which firm sold your address on.

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
Also tick the small box and read  the small print!! :)
Return to sender  also shuts them up.
Also you can put no longer at this address!!

That is what Elvis would have said!! ;D

Offline Toril S

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 10:57:05 AM »
It was an e mail😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 02:25:43 PM »
It was an e mail😀😀

Big Brother is watching!! 8)

Offline danand

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 05:53:38 PM »
Hi
Do not waste your money.

Get Sample Robot and sample VST Instruments and as many as you like for Tyros and Genos.
This person or company probably has done that or something like that.
Computer , Yem , Sample robot and VST Instruments  and away you go after about a couple of weeks learn curve.

You can always moan your own lawn, but, you know..., sometimes you prefer someone else do it for you, for a reasonable  fee....
Sample Robot or any other software is a considerable investment (200+ £ , as far as I know) and even if you, in theory, can create unlimited material (sound expansion packs) not everyone is tech-savvy enough in order to create quality sounds.
Furthermore the VST's you mention also cont money and quality VST's cost a lot of money... (unless you plan to use illegal copies...)
So if someone don't want to invest the money or it is not tech-savvy enough, a ready pack for less than 15£ can by a solution.
For you spending 15£ is a "waste your money" for someone else maybe is a reasonable investment.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 10:21:31 PM »
Hi
Sample Robot is not difficult to learn  and i am not that tech savvy. I have to sweat to learn. It is worth the effort.
If you have  Cubase or similar it is a great investment because those £15's can mount up over a little time.
I look at the long term and make decisions now after learning that i should have got the better thing, rather than the cheap thing

If you pay for a Genos or PSR, that is over 1000+, so if you can afford that ,then those extras are minimal in my view.
I am 70 next March and still feel like a teenager wanting to go forward, although i have had a few man problems on the way as we all do.
One missing body part and a kidney stone.
So what is left in life is to have it now, as you cannot take it with you.Lol ::) :P
This is the same with those awful little satelitte speakers and boom box which are  nearly £300 with cheap battery wires for leads.
Good set of monitors for 400+ would last you for years and 100% more quality than those Transister radio quality things. ;D another lol ::) :P
Do not worry ,i will get my ears bitten off for these remarks!! :-X :P :o
Well this is only my opinion and i also live by the sword and die by the sword!! ;D ;D ;D

All the best
John (The Black Knight) ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:29:13 PM by ugawoga »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 10:25:22 PM »
Too long distance to travel to get to your ears John, so you have my permission to keep them😀😀😀
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 10:39:16 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:41 PM »
Hi Toril

Sausages to that !! ;D

ATB
John :)

Online chesterkins

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 09:56:03 AM »
Hi
I actually bought some of them
Did not sound robotic to me    and cannot really tell if they are very close to the originals BUT certainly the DX7 piano sounds good from the DX7 pack
Some of the Korg voices are good too   You can enhance them further onboard your Genos/T5

At 9 euro a pack what did i have to lose

Online DerekA

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »
I think that the DX voices from the Vintage Keys pack (free on Yamaha Musicsoft) are also excellent - give that one a shot if you haven't already
Genos