Author Topic: PSR SX900 and subwoofwer KS-SW100  (Read 3249 times)

Offline inkisiivi

PSR SX900 and subwoofwer KS-SW100
« on: November 25, 2020, 01:00:52 PM »
Hi, I have now new Psr SX900 ja subwoofer KS-SW100,  can you explane  simply way  to me, how I connect them together.

There are so many pages in display,  what is wright and what I have do do?

Reagards  Tuomo

Offline overover

Re: PSR SX900 and subwoofwer KS-SW100
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »
Hi Tuomo,

you should have received an Owner's Manual with the KS-SW100 subwoofer. Please read this manual first. If you don't have this manual you can download it here:
>>> https://fi.yamaha.com/fi/support/manuals/index.html?l=fi&c=&k=ks-sw100

As mentioned in the manual, you simply have to use the included "RCA to 6.3 mm Phone plug" cable to connect the RCA input socket of the KS-SW100 to the "Main Out L/L+R" socket of the PSR-SX900. That's all. :)

Make sure that the subwoofer is switched OFF and the volume is set to zero. Connect the power cable to the wall socket and the Audio cable, as mentioned to the SX900's Main Out mono socket.

If not done so, first switch on the SX900, then switch on the subwoofer. Set the Master Volume on the SX900 as desired and play e.g. a Style. NOW increase the Volume of the subwoofer to add the sub frequencies as desired. (Since the Main Out signal of the SX900 depends on the position of the Master Volume dial, you can now use it to regulate the overall volume.)

P.S.
If not done so, I recommend you to download also all the manuals of the SX900 (at least Owner's Manual, Reference Manual and Data List):
>>> https://fi.yamaha.com/fi/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, mhack

Offline inkisiivi

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:50:56 PM »
Now subwoofer works!
Is that subwoofwer automatic elektric off?

How long it it takes when the led goes down?

JMonast

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 02:26:06 PM »
Hi,

No it won't turn itself off.  But like many amps... it doesn't really matter if you leave it on.  Unless you are planning not to use it for a while (days or weeks)