Author Topic: usb flash drive  (Read 2317 times)

kellyboy1

usb flash drive
« on: November 24, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
thanks to eileen only bought this psrsx 900 yedterday  i have a usb flash drive with a lot of styles that i use on psrs910 but when i connect it to psrsx900 it wont load the styles help

Offline Fred Smith

Re: usb flash drive
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »
thanks to eileen only bought this psrsx 900 yedterday  i have a usb flash drive with a lot of styles that i use on psrs910 but when i connect it to psrsx900 it wont load the styles help

What does "wont load" mean? Do you get an error message? Does the keyboard not find the drive? Does it not display your styles?

We need more details in order to help you out.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

kellyboy1

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »
hi fred thanks for your reply
 when i say wont load it loads ok and display says 10000 styles midi files but when i go to styles screen stays blank and doesnt display styles

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 04:49:26 PM »
Hi kellyboy1,

which file types are you talking about?

MIDI Song files (.mid) are only shown in the Song Selection display, Style files (e.g. .sty, .prs, .sst) are only shown in the Style Selection display, and Registration Bank files (.rgt) are only shown in the Registration Selection display .

Folders are shown in all File Selection Displays. But if you are in the "wrong" display, the folder in question will appear as "apparently empty".

In principle, this is the case with all Yamaha arranger keyboards, e.g. also with PSR-S and Tyros models.

P.S.
You have to check the file types (file extensions) on your computer. Maybe you have downloaded a folder named "10000 styles midi files" from somewhere, but when you look inside it contains only MIDI files (.mid) but no Style files. In addition, it could be that there are still .zip files in this folder, which of course you have to unzip on the computer before you can use the files on the keyboard.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 04:55:25 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

kellyboy1

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 07:30:09 PM »
It’s a style drive I bought for psrs910 it works fine on it

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »
It’s a style drive I bought for psrs910 it works fine on it

And which steps do you perform on the SX900 to load the Styles? The following is correct:

- In the Main display touch the orange area (= the currently loaded Style) or press one of the Style Category buttons (e.g. Pop&Rock) to open the Style Selection display.

- Then touch "User > USB1" to bring up the USB drive. Select a folder on the USB drive. If there are Styles inside they should be displayed and selectable now.

If this should not work as described, please connect the USB stick to the PC and make sure that it really contains Style files (as mentioned before).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 10:48:10 PM »
If this worked OK on your 910 there is no reason it will not work on your SX900. Check that the USB has not become corrupt. Make sure you are selecting USB1 or 2 which ever you have the styles on.

kellyboy1

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 11:18:07 AM »
Sincere thanks to all who replied to my post
Everything working now