Author Topic: Recording Genos Styles  (Read 2931 times)

Recording Genos Styles
« on: November 23, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »
Hi Genos owners! I'm wondering If anyone would be willing to record these styles by themselves. I'm only interested in the drums of these styles not the accompaniment. (all variations and breaks) if anyone could send it to me I would really appreciate it. Preferably in WAV format. Thank you in advance.

Here are the styles I would need

Latin section:

CoolBossaNova
BossaBrazil
BossaNova
SmoothLatinBallad
SpanishRumba
BoleroLento
PopFlamencos
TangoFlamencos

R&B Section:

KoolShuffle
R&B Soul Ballad

Offline ugawoga

Re: Recording Genos Styles
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 04:10:48 PM »
Hi
Just mute the tracks  and just have drums channel on
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 04:39:47 PM »
John, I think the point is that the OP doesn't have a Genos and is looking for someone who does ...

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 12:28:52 PM »
Hi Derek

Doh!!  ::) :P ;D " I will see the Doctor now"!! :-[
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:30:00 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »
The OP needs to tell us what he or she intends to do with these .wav files. I don't know the legality of this request. Can Yamaha come back on us for giving away proprietary information?

We'd also need to know the tempos. I believe the OP would need to time shift the style instead of changing the BPM values.

Each style contains three intros, three endings, four variations, four fills, and one break. This means, it would take a fair amount of time to compile the requested rhythms. If my math is correct, that would be well over 100 wave files.

Personally, I refuse to do it. I, like every other person on this forum, spent a considerable amount of money on my Genos. Why would I give some of it away when it's not mine to give. Besides, there are better drumming alternatives out there in the form of VST instruments. And yes, the OP would need to spend a few dollars just like we did :).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:00:19 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 01:01:30 PM »
It does seem to me the OP is asking a lot and for a very esoteric reason.
Mike

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
The OP needs to tell us what he or she intends to do with these .wav files. I don't know the legality of this request. Can Yamaha come back on us for giving away proprietary information?

We'd also need to know the tempos. I believe the OP would need to time shift the style instead of changing the BPM values.

Each style contains three intros, three endings, four variations, four fills, and one break. This means, it would take a fair amount of time to compile the requested rhythms. If my math is correct, that would be well over 100 wave files.

Personally, I refuse to do it. I, like every other person on this forum, spent a considerable amount of money on my Genos. Why would I give some of it away when it's not mine to give. Besides, there are better drumming alternatives out there in the form of VST instruments. And yes, the OP would need to spend a few dollars just like we did :).

Yes I realize I'm asking for a lot now looking back at it the only reason I'm asking is because I used to have a genos but I have sold it and moved on to an SX700 but the drumkits are just not the same. And I was thinking of putting some styles in as audio multipads

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 11:29:27 PM »
Thanks for the extra information, patrick.r99. I can see you wanting these for playing at home. If you need these extra styles for playing out, I guarantee you that no one will notice the difference between the Genos and SX700 drums. Have you tried adjusting the EQs and processors on the SX700?

If you're recording these drums, I'd stick with them and use VST plugins for processing. You'd be surprised how much extra you can get out of them.

Remember, all keyboards from the original PSR series right up to the Genos all come from the factory set maximally flat. I'd wager you could get some nicer sounds out of the SX700.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 12:19:50 AM »
Thanks for the extra information, patrick.r99. I can see you wanting these for playing at home. If you need these extra styles for playing out, I guarantee you that no one will notice the difference between the Genos and SX700 drums. Have you tried adjusting the EQs and processors on the SX700?

If you're recording these drums, I'd stick with them and use VST plugins for processing. You'd be surprised how much extra you can get out of them.

Remember, all keyboards from the original PSR series right up to the Genos all come from the factory set maximally flat. I'd wager you could get some nicer sounds out of the SX700.

I haven't touched EQ and compressor settings so far, but I will play around with them and see what I can get out from the keyboard, thank you very much for the suggestion.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 10:25:10 PM »
Glad to help, patrick.r99 :).