Author Topic: Look beyond the obvious!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Trikerboy

Look beyond the obvious!
« on: November 18, 2020, 09:31:10 PM »
Hi folks
Mal here from the uk. Got back into keyboards last year and got the sx700.

When you look at all the styles initially, you think “wow, there are 100s”. But then I found myself speeding through some groups...like “dance” as most of them seemed to be like crazy club music which isn’t my thing.

But if you look beyond the obvious there are some hidden gems. Eg within “dance” you’ll find “70s glam piano”. Main variation (a) does an ok “don’t let the sun go down on me” by Elton John, and main variation (b) is lovely for “rocket man”.

It seems odd that yamaha have put these in the dance section... pop would be far more obvious.

But there you go.

So if any of you have found a great style, for a crowd pleasing song, let us all know!  ;D

Offline EileenL

Re: Look beyond the obvious!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »
This is were the favourite button comes into play as you can save all these that you find in strange places and save them so  that you have quick access to them.

Offline ckobu

Re: Look beyond the obvious!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 12:43:05 AM »
Hi Trikerboy,

you can download Bonus Playlist for PSR-SX700 and store in the USB stick.
Put the USB stick in the keyboard and look in the Playlist, you will find many ideas for using Style.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/downloads.html#product-tabs
Watch my video channel