Author Topic: Two Split points  (Read 3380 times)

Aussiejean

Two Split points
« on: November 19, 2020, 10:41:23 AM »
Why is it so? On other Yamaha keyboards, I have been able to split the right hand section into two parts, playing R1 on the lower section and R2 on the upper section with the style split still on F#2.This means you can play fills etc on another instrument. Easy on the SX, but I thought I used to do it on the 910 and 970. I might be thinking of my KN7000.Cheers Jean Olivia.

Offline DerekA

Re: Two Split points
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 11:46:44 AM »
What you're thinking of is a split into these separate sections

+ Accompaniment chord detection (style)
+ L
+ R1 / R2

On models with R3, you can if you want split off R3 into its own section.

Most people have the style/L split point identical which makes L overlap the style section completely. As soon as you put L above the style section, it becomes its own section and the L voice does not sound in the style section.
Genos

Aussiejean

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:08 PM »
Derek, this is not really what i wanted to do, but if that's all the keyboard does I will have to use it. It means i am playing the melody with the left voice and the fills etc with R1and R2 combined. It must have been the Technics that would split the R1andR2 voices. I am glad the SX splits the R3- such a great feature.

Aussiejean

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 01:00:08 PM »
Page 59 0f the manual shows an alternative way of playing with the split . Are there any videos demonstrating how this works? Maybe in a band or to accompany a singer? My efforts leave much to be desired. Melbourne is wide open now, no virus! Cheers Jean Olivia

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Watch this video, you have an explanation that gives you the answer. Include English subtitles.
https://youtu.be/WXKmjR68Dz4
Watch my video channel

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
Page 59 0f the manual shows an alternative way of playing with the split . Are there any videos demonstrating how this works? Maybe in a band or to accompany a singer?...

Hi Jean Olivia,

which keyboard model are you talking about here exactly?

Is it about how to put the Left Voice on a separate Split section (between the Style Control section and the R1/R2 section? Or is it about setting Style Control to the right hand ("Upper") and with the left hand to play the Bass separately?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Aussiejean

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:40:38 PM »
Ckobu, Thank you for your video. It will take me some time to absorb it all, but I am doing so with great interest. My brain will be ticking over with all the possibilities you have demonstrated, and I am looking forward to working with it. Great help. Thank you. Cheers Jean Olivia.

Aussiejean

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 10:46:00 PM »
Chris, it was page 59 of the 970 manual with the heading -Specifying chords with your right hand while playing bass with your left hand. Thank you for your reply. Jean Olivia.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2020, 11:02:04 PM »
Chris, it was page 59 of the 970 manual with the heading -Specifying chords with your right hand while playing bass with your left hand. Thank you for your reply. Jean Olivia.

Thanks for clarification, Jean Olivia!

I do not use this method, and unfortunately I also do not know any video about this. I suggest simply giving the "Manual Bass + Style Control with the Right Hand" method a try. :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:04:35 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)