Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

Creating a sliding guitar

(1/3) > >>

djp:
Hi does anyone know how to create a a sllding guitar effect , i saw one done in a bass and wondered how it was achieved
Thank you

mikf:
You use pitch bend, can be done by hand or with a foot pedal (expression pedal).
Mike

DrakeM:
You can slap the key real hard and get a slide effect too.

Funny you should ask ... because I have been making a bunch of Hawaiian styles for several songs. I have been using the Aloha guitar with some effects on it. We only have two Hawaiian styles to look to for examples. There is a third one but it is called "Hawaiian waltz" but the hula is only done to 4/4 timing. So, the waltz style is USELESS ... thanks Yamaha for nothing on that one ... lol

Next week I will post the first of my Hawaiian songs called the "Drums of the Islands" (it contains no Aloha guitar parts) then in two week I'll post "Lovely Hula Hands" (which has the Aloha guitar).  ;)

Regards
Drake

Duffy:
Many thanks in advance Drake.
Really looking forward to these because, like you, I think Yamaha have skimped badly when it comes to Hawaiian styles & sounds.
It's such a gentle and relaxing sound to listen to and, apart from an old Asian guy on You Tube, I haven't heard anyone do a convincing job.

jwyvern:
In addition to Hawaiian, you can look for slide guitars in the Legacy section.
In the E. GUITAR section there are 6 more and in A. GUITAR there are 2. All slide when you play with higher velocity, the E's sounding more impressive to my ears by default, but they probably all can be improved upon by assigning suitable DSP's.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version