Author Topic: Using Yamaha YEM Drum Algorithm for Voices  (Read 3520 times)

Genos!

Using Yamaha YEM Drum Algorithm for Voices
« on: November 17, 2020, 10:36:17 PM »
This is nothing new nor does it require special technology. “Audio guitars” could always be played in Style.
CASM data and the specific structure of the Yamaha rhythm is used for this purpose.
Yamaha itself has not used it so far. The first rhythms of this kind appeared in the Superior Pack. For example, Polka Trumpet on CHD2 plays guitar that way.

I see this along with chord looper to be two areas that might free style creating up quite a bit since Yamaha will definitely not give us the tools to create our own from scratch. I don't even think that Yamaha will sell them to us.

How easy is it to create an audio pack like this, what tools do you recommend, and how would one go about it? It seems like this is not such a big secret, but rather that the implementation details might be a bit unclear or undocumented.

Genos!

Re: Using Yamaha YEM Drum Algorithm for Voices
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 11:28:47 PM »
Quote from: umbsor
I can only say that the ingredients of the recipe are always the same MIDI and Audio Samples,

quoting the mythical Ratauille:

"anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

Ciao

Valuable information to add, thank you.

Genos!

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:15:07 PM »
RAM should not be a problem, the program does not consume a notably amount of it. It is coded with Delphi, which is as a compiled language quite fast. The components of the GUI are native Windows-Controls, so their performance is not under my control.

I will add more keyboard-shortcuts to help entering the cords faster, so you don't have to use that drop-down boxes.

Hi Rainer,

I use Delphi myself, however, I stopped giving away my money at Delphi 2005.

I am currently putting my studio back together, but I would be interested in sending some code your way for chord entry instead of dropdowns and keymods.

Also something that might be added to the clb process is audio from other instruments besides drums.

I believe that this would open a wide window to gain access to Genos styles creation and improve the overall quality of sound for those playing the arrangers.

As I am not an arranger player at this moment, I do know how to use an arranger since Casio, but I haven't taken the time to wrap my head around the Genos and Yamaha's way of doing things. But, I will hopefully get to it.

I currently use my Genos in a studio setting mostly for layering midi and as a glorified dual-midi sound module.

Let me know, thanks.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
I see this along with chord looper to be two areas that might free style creating up quite a bit since Yamaha will definitely not give us the tools to create our own from scratch. I don't even think that Yamaha will sell them to us.

How easy is it to create an audio pack like this, what tools do you recommend, and how would one go about it? It seems like this is not such a big secret, but rather that the implementation details might be a bit unclear or undocumented.

You're right, this was never a secret. But you are wrong when you say it should be simple. Making such a Style is a very complex process and I’m not sure if it’s worth investing time in it.
Regardless, I made a video with a detailed explanation and I hope it will help you.

https://youtu.be/7zQaOUsZHW0
Watch my video channel