Author Topic: styles change voices and save.  (Read 1788 times)

hornimans135

styles change voices and save.
« on: November 15, 2020, 04:21:44 PM »
Hi All.  in the styles section, how can I alter the voices and how do I save them.

Offline ckobu

Re: styles change voices and save.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 04:39:20 PM »
There are two approaches. You can change the instrument on all Section at once, and you can set it differently for each Section. Watch the video (English subtitles)

https://youtu.be/gJi_rqs-Mv8
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Iurcuyo

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »
Hi All.  in the styles section, how can I alter the voices and how do I save them.

Hi hornimans135,

instead of saving the new Voice settings to the Style, you can also memorize the changes you made in the Mixer (e.g. Voices, Volumes, Effects) just to Registrations (and leave the Style untouched).

P.S.
Use "Parameter Chart" in the DATA LIST of your keyboard to see where the individual parameters can be saved.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

hornimans135

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 05:30:27 PM »
im on a sx900, im on the organ free style but i want to delete one and add trumpet of some sort. I change to what I need  but lose the settings when I do something else, how can I save this.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 06:17:07 PM »
im on a sx900, im on the organ free style but i want to delete one and add trumpet of some sort. I change to what I need  but lose the settings when I do something else, how can I save this.

As already mentioned by ckoubu and me, you can save the changes you made either by re-saving the Style (to the User drive or onto a USB stick), or you memorize the changes to a Registration. (Finally you have to save the Registration Bank as a file, of course.)

Please refer to the SX900 Manuals (Owner's Manual, Reference Manual and Data List) which you can download here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

For information on the "Registration Memory", for example, please start on page 86 of the SX900 Owner's Manual. For additional information on Registations go to page 86 of the Reference Manual.

P.S.
To return to the original settings of a Style (if you have not saved it yet), simply select another Style and then select the previous one again.

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)