Author Topic: Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos
« on: November 14, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »
I've copied my song files on a formatted USB from my PSR S775 and tried to download them into my new Genos.
However all the song titles appear but when I select one on the touch screen a message appears saying 'files not loaded properly', any advice most welcome..

Online ckobu

Re: Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:54:06 AM »
You have already received answers to the same question.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,57382.0.html
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 12:00:01 PM »
If these are Midi or Audio songs they will play with no problem but some voices may not sound on Midi Files so may need editing.

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »
If these are Midi or Audio songs they will play with no problem but some voices may not sound on Midi Files so may need editing.

In his other thread with the same question Mr. Gary mentioned Registrations. So, I think what he is really meaning by "song files" are Registration Bank files. And since S775/S975 Reg files cannot be loaded directly on Genos, he has to covert them using Murray Best's Registration Manager program, as already mentioned in the other thread on this topic.

(Use the link in ckobu's post above.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:07:53 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 02:50:04 PM »
Very confusing having two topic going and if you don't give the right information you will not get the right answer.

blackpool

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 03:25:32 PM »
I have had several arrangers and sometimes had the same message when moving files from one model to another.

IF ITS A REGISTRATION HERE AND NOT A SONG
I am no expert, but what i do when this happens - is copy all the parts of a reg. individually and save these to user ...ie. the voices and styles. That does help in some cases.  I have also maybe had the message 'style file lost' so i find it has to be saved in user.

I usually find a newer model will read an earlier files but sometimes not the reverse.
not sure if the 775 came out before genos
Ironically sent my friend SX regis and they wont play on genos but styles are ok.

Sure you will maybe get a better answer from one of the gurus...but just have a go in the meantime, it might work/help

Keith
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:30:26 PM by blackpool »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
You Cant use PSR registration files in Genos without converting them

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary