Author Topic: Registration files in psr 2000  (Read 2037 times)

Registration files in psr 2000
« on: November 11, 2020, 05:03:55 PM »
Hi all, probably this is something someone ask in the past, sorry to ask again, is there a way to update or recover the info in my old registration files made in PSR 2000 to the new psr sx900? Thanks for your help
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration files in psr 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »
Hi all, probably this is something someone ask in the past, sorry to ask again, is there a way to update or recover the info in my old registration files made in PSR 2000 to the new psr sx900? Thanks for your help

If the files have an extension of .reg, the answer is no. If it's .rgt, the answer is probably.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:28:15 PM »
... is there a way to update or recover the info in my old registration files made in PSR 2000 to the new psr sx900? ...

Hi bhergar56,

I am not aware of any software that can be used to convert Registration files in the old .reg format used by the PSR-2000 into the current .rgt format.

Apart from that, I don't think this would make any sense. In order to make the best possible use of the new Styles and Voices of your SX900, you should create your Registrations on the SX900 from scratch.

P.S.
The program "PSRREG" may help you:
>>> https://www.heikoplate.de/psrreg.html

I haven't used it myself, but it offers, among others, the following functions for Registrations archive files in the old .reg format:

• Displaying the properties of registrations on screen.
• Generation of a htm- or txt-file with the protocol of all Registrations of an archive, including title, style, bank-numbers, place-numbers, tempo and voices.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:17:21 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 09:46:53 PM »
No doesn't work. I have a PSR 2000 and tried 100 times to convert the REG to RGT but no.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 12:33:49 AM »
Thank you all for your support, as Overover says, I will have start from scratch  >:(. Yes, I understand that I will have new and better styles and voices now,  but imagine starting from cero! I do not have my old PSR 2000'anymore in order to see how each Registration was constructed, so I will have to figure it out again. Thanks.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 02:58:18 AM »
Hi bhergar56,

as I mentioned above, you can use the PC program "PSRREG" to make a list with the protocol of all Registrations of each .reg archive file, including title, style, tempo and voices. Please refer to the RSRGEG Manual, pages 2 - 6, and see also the attached picture.
>>> https://www.heikoplate.de/zips/psrreg_eng.zip

To get ideas for good-sounding Voice combinations, I recommend listening to the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the SX900 Preset Styles. OTS Voice settings that you like can be saved as Registrations.

Please also use the free Bonus Playlist that you can download from the SX900 download page. You can also load the included Registration files manually (without using the Playlist function). These Registrations will also give you lots of suggestions for Keyboard Voice settings and Style suggestions.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

You can also use all Music Finder files (.mfd) from earlier models. When importing a Music Finder file (via the Playlist function) a Playlist file is automatically created, and more importantly, a Registration Bank file (.rgt) is automatically created for each Music Finder Record (Song title). (Refer to pages 91/92 of the SX900 Reference Manual.) If you need download sources for Music Finder files, just get in touch here. :)

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:06:43 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 11:41:27 AM »
The styles of the 2000 can be downloaded from PSR TUTORIAL if you want them.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 12:31:10 PM »
Also remember that you now have three right hand voices as opposed to two on the 2000.

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 05:08:00 PM »
Hi bhergar56,

as I mentioned above, you can use the PC program "PSRREG" to make a list with the protocol of all Registrations of each .reg archive file, including title, style, tempo and voices. Please refer to the RSRGEG Manual, pages 2 - 6, and see also the attached picture.
>>> https://www.heikoplate.de/zips/psrreg_eng.zip

To get ideas for good-sounding Voice combinations, I recommend listening to the OTS (One Touch Settings) of the SX900 Preset Styles. OTS Voice settings that you like can be saved as Registrations.

Please also use the free Bonus Playlist that you can download from the SX900 download page. You can also load the included Registration files manually (without using the Playlist function). These Registrations will also give you lots of suggestions for Keyboard Voice settings and Style suggestions.
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html#product-tabs

You can also use all Music Finder files (.mfd) from earlier models. When importing a Music Finder file (via the Playlist function) a Playlist file is automatically created, and more importantly, a Registration Bank file (.rgt) is automatically created for each Music Finder Record (Song title). (Refer to pages 91/92 of the SX900 Reference Manual.) If you need download sources for Music Finder files, just get in touch here. :)

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks a lot Chris, I downloaded the PSRREG program, and tested with some few Registration files made in the PSR 2000. When using the Protocol button in the app,  it gives you the opportunity to save the information for each Registration file in “Text”  format file,  each field  (song name, style, multipad, bank, part, tempo, main, layer, left, and settings) separated by blanks or in a “htm”  format. I preferred the text format because it allows me to export the information to an excel file and have all the information organized and separated by columns. Is wonderful and very useful because it permits me, at least, to recover some information of the old PSR 2000 and with this base start constructing the new registrations in the PSR SX 900. Again thanks a lot.

Best regards Bernardo
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »
Hi Bernardo,

thank you for your kind and detailed feedback!

I'm glad to could help you!

Best regards,
Chris