Author Topic: Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »
I have loaded all my songs from my PSR775 onto a USB ready to transfer to my new Genos. After inserting the USB into the Genos I selected the registration buttons and all the titles of my songs appeared, but on selection using the touch screen, a message appeared saying 'Data has not been loaded properly'. I retried using a separate USB but the same occurred, any assistance most welcome..

Offline overover

Re: Transferring files from PSR 775 to Genos
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 11:42:42 AM »
Hi Mr. Gary,

the basic "problem" is S775/S975 are newer than the Genos. (Genos was introduced in 2017, S775/S975 in 2018).

In general, Yamaha keyboards are only compatible to Regiistrations of older models.

Make sure that the current Firmware V2.02 is installed on your Genos. If Genos still does not recognize your original S775 Registration files, you can try to convert the S775 Reg files into to Genos Reg format using the "Yamaha Registration Manager" (YRM) by Murray Best.

Note: Be sure to download and use the "YRMSpecial" version:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

After starting the YRM, set the "Target Keyboard" to "Genos". Then click on "Batch Bank Conversion" button to convert your S775 Reg files into Genos format.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:06:33 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Mr. Gary

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »
Deleted post.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:01:57 PM by ckobu »
Watch my video channel

Offline murrayb

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 12:22:01 PM »
Casper:

The problem you describe in your video comes from the name assigned to the live control buttons on the SX900.  The SX can have an optional name of up to 24 characters, but the Genos is limited to 9 characters for each button.  The extra characters from the SX over write other code causing the problem.

The currently posted version of YRM Special ensures the SX optional description is only 9 characters.

Murray
One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »
Dear Murray,

this is great news, i knew you would solve the problem. Thank you for the great effort and time you have spent in creating and upgrading this excellent and irreplaceable program.
I will correct my post above so as not to mislead people, and Mr.Gary can now do the conversion suggested by Chris.

Regards, ckobu
Watch my video channel

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »
Murray,

Since your efforts to develop the Registration Manager started with support for me when I was trying to convert registrations I posted way back when; I would just like to say the following:

I know how much work you have dedicated to your YRM program and I don't know if other members realize how much work you have put into that effort.  You had no idea how it was going to evolve and the changes Yamaha would make to the Genos and  PSR sx900. 

I want to thank you for all your hard work on this project and hope others here do not take for granted your efforts.  It's a very important program that more experience programmers here steered away from, but you being a numbers guy figured out how to do it!

So...  A BIG THANKS to you for creating Yamaha Registration Manager!

:)   :)   :)   :)   :)

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:08:47 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html