Author Topic: Copy OTS Voices  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Arnie

Copy OTS Voices
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
Hi to you all. New to SX900 was wondering when setting up a new registration bank could I copy/save/move the 3 voices I have set up in one of the panel buttons from an already saved registration to the new registration.

Regards   Arnie
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:09:24 AM by Arnie »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Copy OTS Voices
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »
Hi to you all. New to SX900 was wondering when setting up a new registration bank could I copy/save/move the 3 voices I have set up in one of the panel buttons from an already saved registration to the new registration.

Copying voices from one registration to another has nothing to do with OTS. So you’ll need to clarify why you put OTS in your subject line.

To copy voices from one registration to another:
1. Load the source registration.
2. Set Freeze for only Voice
3. Turn on Freeze
4. Load the target registration.
5. Memorize the target registration, ensuring groups you want memorized (including Voices) are checked.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Arnie

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »
An easy way to do this is to load in the registration that has the voices you want. Select the button they are on so they are loaded ready to play. Now select the Bank you want to put them on and without touching anything else Press Memory and the button you want it on. Try it out and if fine then save the registration again with the new voices.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Arnie

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »
Hi Arnie,

if  you want to "copy" only the current Voice settings of the Parts Right 1 - 3 to another Registration (but the other settings of the target Registration should be retained), I recommend to use the Freeze function (as suggested by Fred). But I recommend to tick both "Voice" and "Keyboard Harmony/Arpeggio" in the Freeze settings. (This is always necessary, even if the Harmony / Arpeggio function is currently not activated.)

If you want to "copy" also the LEFT Voice to the other Registration, you have to freeze also the STYLE.

BUT: The easiest way is what Eileen had already suggested (without using Freeze). The only thing is, you may have to redo some other settings (e.g. selecting the Style) in the overwritten target Registration.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:45:04 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, Arnie, TheBitfiddler

Offline Arnie

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Hi to Fred, Eileen & Chris.  Your replies have helped me to achieve what I wanted. Big Thank You.

Fred as you say OTS nothing to do with it, error on my part.

Regards  Arnie
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:06:51 PM by Arnie »

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
Hi to Fred, Eileen & Chris.  Your replies have helped me to achieve what I wanted. Big Thank You.

Fred as you say OTS nothing to do with it, error on my part.

Regards  Arnie

Thanks for your feedback, Arnie!

P.S.
Yes, in principal, OTS have nothing to do with your original request. But of course you can call up an OTS first to set the Keyboard Voices, and then copy these Voice settings to a Registration in the same way as mentioned above. :)

Best regards
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »
Yes, in principal, OTS have nothing to do with your original request. But of course you can call up an OTS first to set the Keyboard Voices, and then copy these Voice settings to a Registration in the same way as mentioned above. :)

Agreed, Chris. In fact this is how I initialize all my song registrations. Once I’ve decided on the style, I copy the OTS to four registration buttons, and go from there.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Arnie

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »
Thank You again Chris & Fred, even more, varied ways to use.

Trying ways out last night I found the way Eileen mentioned very easy.  Thanks, Eileen.

Regards  Arnie

Online EileenL

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 12:02:36 PM »
Your welcome Arnie.

hornimans135

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »
h i  all how do I return all style settings to the original factory settings.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 05:35:57 PM »
h i  all how do I return all style settings to the original factory settings.

Please do not hijack threads. If you have a new topic, create a new post.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ