Author Topic: Wireless headphones  (Read 2807 times)

Offline guitpic1

Wireless headphones
« on: November 05, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
Is there anyway to use wireless headphones (Bluetooth) with the Genos?  My search didn’t turn up much.

Thx
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline Rick D.

Re: Wireless headphones
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
guitpic1

They don't work. There is a latency problem trying to use Bluetooth headphones. Each note is like a switch to turn  Bluetooth on and off, and the notes don't sound when you press them, without a delay.

I bought a Bluetooth transmitter to go into the headphone jack and experienced the problem I mentioned above.

Rick D.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »
But many good headphones also come with a wire. Use them with the wire😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 06:32:22 AM »
Thx all
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
But many good headphones also come with a wire. Use them with the wire😀

Hi Toril

Wireless and Blutooth get on my wick when connected to computer.
It goes on like a 1920's radio and now we are in the 2020's.
If you do not amplify your modem ,you get jitter when moving around the house. Frustration.!! ::)
If you put a Walkman or a Apple phone connected to Blutooth and put the phone or Walkman in your pocket .your ok!! :)
It is not the year 3000 yet!! ;D

I do not think anyone will want to walk around the house hoovering with a Genos strapped to their body!! :) Lol!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 06:00:37 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Genos!

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 05:49:07 PM »
I do not think anyone will want to walk around the house hoovering with a Genos strapped to your body!! :)

Well, I gave it a wince... but conceded that the screen was tilted at the wrong angle -- would have made a wonderful keytar!! But then again with that impenetrable exterior hardened black finish... meh! probably not.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 06:03:35 PM »
Well, I gave it a wince... but conceded that the screen was tilted at the wrong angle -- would have made a wonderful keytar!! But then again with that impenetrable exterior hardened black finish... meh! probably not.

A Genos Keytar---   "Heavy Man"!! You would need a spliff to counteract that!! :) ;D 8)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 08:01:27 PM »
A spliff point😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 10:08:28 PM »
I have been using Wireless Headphones  (Not BlueTooth) for past 5 years and they are excellent.
These were purchased from LIDL for the wife's poor hearing for TV.
At £20 I was not expecting much...I was surprised by their tight clean bass, detailed mids and sweet highs, so good in fact I use them on my Tyros when the wife lets me !!! they out performed my expensive Sennheiser Pro model.
DGX670

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 08:39:19 AM »
Yes, they are becoming more difficult to find, but there are types of non bluetooth wireless headphones as Graham mentions, which do not have the bluetooth latency problem. The universal connectivity of Bluetooth has many advantages and the downside of latency is not a problem for most applications, but it is unsuitable for live keyboard playing.
Latency is not a problem limited to electronics though, those of us that have played old style large pipe organs in cavernous churches might also have noticed similar effects. The sound sometimes seems to come back at you long after the note has been played
Mike