Author Topic: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard  (Read 26888 times)

Offline Joe H

Re: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2021, 04:10:57 PM »
What I would like to see is:

All Live control parameters can be assigned to foot pedal.
Sysex messages available for ALL arpeggio parameters in the Data List book. 

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Bill, OmbDave

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2021, 02:46:33 AM »
Good thinking. I have a few things I'd like to add:
19. Revo!Drums/SFX: The A5000 has 20 Revo SFX, while the Genos has 10 Revo Drums and SFX, and the SX900 has none. The SX900 only has the drums and PopPercKit without wave cycling and all the technology that the Revo!Drums/SFX have on the Genos/A5000.
20. voices: The PSR-SX600 has voices that are not on the PSR-SX700, 900, or Genos (not that I'd definitely use all of them, but still). Here are a few examples:
CavacoLegato 8 35 24 S.Art!
CavacoStrum 8 37 24 S.Art!
ViolaCaipiraLegato 8 32 15 S.Art!
ViolaCaipiraStrum 8 34 15 S.Art!
I understand that the keyboards may increase in price with these changes, but they'd make the flagship keyboard (and the PSR models) even better.
Edit: Turns out that the voices I listed earlier are in an expansion pack for the SX700, 900, and Genos. Only 19 still applies.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:46:01 PM by DJIncendration »

Offline jamferreira2020

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2021, 12:24:47 AM »
I would add voice command search

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2021, 05:23:21 PM »
Hello everyone!

The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard:

01. Recording style tracks with the sustain pedal
02. Saving custom Drum Setup Kits
03. CASM section in Style Creator
04. Lyrics / Text in .PDF or .Doc format with colorful letters
05. Half Bar Fill physical button without the need to use Assignable buttons, freeing them for other uses.
06. The return of the physical Fade in / out button
07. The return of the video output (preferably HDMI) without the need for adapters
08. 04 buttons (knobs) Live Control
09. In the "Speaker" function, in addition to the "Headphone Switch, On and Off selections," the "Internal speakers only" function. In this case, they would cut all the keyboard outputs
10. The possibility of recording S.Art voices on MultiPads
11. Editable Arpeggio function
12. Vocal Harmony On / Off indicator light on the panel
13. Two microphone inputs with independent Mic Setting / Vocal Harmony controls

Enildo

sx 900 and psr s 975 all operating battens are rubbered it have change to plastic battens then it will be better like genos butens it will be long lasting cost we can bare
cliffordleo

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2021, 04:54:05 PM »
Hello forum!

I don't know about you, but I liked the color of the PSR A5000's panel, the buttons became more prominent and improves the visualization and location of the buttons.
I would like it to be the same color in the bottom area as well (in the styles, registers and multpads controls).
In my humble opinion it would be a good change. I hope yamaha will worry about that in the next model.

Enildo
only color is changes is not ok. if style operating buttons and other buttons must have to change to plastic it will be better. its in genos keyboard, if sx series have same type buttons Yamaha co can cost little more for it, its long life, and user friendly.. clifford leo dsouza,
cliffordleo

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2021, 04:57:41 PM »
ALSO Stating things that I DO NOT want
- Vocal harmony
- Touch Displays
- YEM and everything related to it. OR integrate this into the keyboard, Packs should be installable from within the keyboard.
- Demonstration songs (Please put those in the website)
- Music Finder stuffs
- OTS
- MIDI in / out / thru jacks (Please make those USB based)

I don't think arranger keyboards are for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »
My wishlist for the next PSR keyboard ...
Should be a Hybrid (Arranger + Synthesizer workstation)
IMHO this is almost exactly what the majority of arranger buyers would NOT want. More complicated keyboards are already out there, but not what typical arranger buyers choose. They want want simple, easy play, good sound. We see this kind of sentiment quite often because the “power users” tend to be more demanding, more vocal….but they do not represent the majority buyer, so hopefully Yamaha see this in the proper context.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
Should be a Hybrid (Arranger + Synthesizer workstation)

IMHO this is almost exactly what the majority of arranger buyers would NOT want.

Mike

Hi Mike --

I get what you're saying. However, there may be a way to implement synth-like voice editing without complicating the existing arranger interface. I'm thinking about a single button in the voice edit menu which opens a door to the synth parameters that are currently hidden from users. To keep development cost low, table/textual editing would be enough -- no need for graphical dials, etc.

The older Tyros series had keyboard-resident voice editing (Voice Creator) which they removed in order to simplify. Then, they had to scramble to implement voice editing in YEM -- and doing only a half-way job of it.

Not to start a Yamaha vs. Korg discussion, but the Korg arrangers do have deeper voice editing. Does Yamaha want to compete in that area or lose so-called power users to Korg?

Personally, I'm not letting Yamaha off the hook -- pj

Offline hans1966

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2021, 05:00:12 AM »
I totally agree with you Pjd.

It would be good if Yamaha implemented some voice editing parameters such as: Oscillators, with their AMP, and respective PITCH (Can be Osc1, Osc2) EG (Envelope Generators), LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) LFO1, LFO2
Crossfade, to create nice transitions between various layers of sound.

All this plus what comes from the factory in the SX series, and Genos which is: Cut, Release, Attack, Decay.

These are just my two cents

Greetings

Hans
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:03:37 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Online Amwilburn

« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2021, 08:04:45 PM »
Hi Mike --

I get what you're saying. However, there may be a way to implement synth-like voice editing without complicating the existing arranger interface. I'm thinking about a single button in the voice edit menu which opens a door to the synth parameters that are currently hidden from users. To keep development cost low, table/textual editing would be enough -- no need for graphical dials, etc.

The older Tyros series had keyboard-resident voice editing (Voice Creator) which they removed in order to simplify. Then, they had to scramble to implement voice editing in YEM -- and doing only a half-way job of it.

Not to start a Yamaha vs. Korg discussion, but the Korg arrangers do have deeper voice editing. Does Yamaha want to compete in that area or lose so-called power users to Korg?

Personally, I'm not letting Yamaha off the hook -- pj

There's no voice editor? I mean, I can still use the voice edit function (on all the current touchscreen models), change ADSR via the "Sound" submenu of voice edit... that seems to be the same as on my CVP309 and PSRs970? Or was it deeper on the non-touchscreen Yamahas?

Just checked our T4, and you're right... I didn't even notice the "Voice Edit via PC" and "Custom Voice Assembly"! How does the latter work? Can I trigger different voices at different velocities? were these custom voices exportable to other boards?

Mark

Offline mikf

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2021, 05:14:05 PM »
Pretty much all the keyboards have fairly extensive editing of voices, and some have sampling. My comments referred to much more than this  -- the poster wanted the arranger to become a hybrid of an arranger and a workstation. I see that as overkill for most arranger players. The E series is a simpler option, and pretty good, but it is a lower quality /much lower cost keyboard than the Genos or other TOTL arrangers, and aimed at avery  different market.
Mike

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »
Hello everyone!

I checked psr s 670 bottens operating all are plastic type it's very good quality same I saw in genos but sx900 all rubber type see  photo psr s 670

05. Half Bar Fill physical button without the need to use Assignable buttons, freeing them for other uses.
07. The return of the video output (preferably HDMI) without the need for adapters
09. In the "Speaker" function, in addition to the "Headphone Switch, On and Off selections," the "Internal speakers only" function. In this case, they would cut all the keyboard outputs

Enildo
cliffordleo

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2021, 05:43:29 AM »
Hello everyone!

Enildo

i,m not telling about voice playing key,s
i,m telling about push buttons. styles operating and other all buttons quality is in psr sx 900 was rubbered. but  in psr s 670 it's very good quality not like sx900.. its made by plastic
So next sx model buttons should make good quality and in display memory bank place should come to right side and it should be little more space to touch now it was left upper side small to touch only with  finger tipp, also same problem for midi and audio to tuch space was less.. to be noted what i,m telling about it.
To touch need easy way.. touch screen is good
clifford leo dsouza sx 900 user..
i installed 11 expansion packs created in yep. soft.. nicely
cliffordleo

Offline Enildo

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2022, 01:12:13 PM »
Hello everyone on the Forum!

I was looking at my SX900's display layout, and some feature and function shortcuts, which are available,
have very small sizes, others, like the voices, have very large sizes, taking up a lot of space.
It would be interesting if we could customize shortcuts, functions and the sizes of our main display.
Or that at least Yamaha would give us some options, pre-programmed to choose from, closer to our desires.

Health and a great 2023 for all!
Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2023, 07:53:42 PM »
Having just owned, and sold the latest E473, I wish Yamaha would stop putting headphone sockets on the back of their keyboards.
Having the lead coming from the back, under the keyboard is just plain stupid.
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Keystar

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2023, 01:21:39 AM »
Hi all ! Newbie late to the party here. I’m not a pro but do occasional gigs for private parties and senior homes. My regular keyboards are a SX700 and a Korg ek50. I like the light weight of the ek50 but it can’t play the free downloaded styles from psr tutorial and it doesn’t have a touchscreen.

The weight (25 lbs) of the sx700 is becoming more of a burden to carry it around and I seriously contemplated on getting a e473 but held off because of the display issues. I’m hoping Yamaha will shred a few pounds (about the same weight 16lbs as the ek50) from the next new keyboard and keep all the other good qualities of the sx700.

Offline overover

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2023, 01:44:48 AM »
Hi all ! Newbie late to the party here. I’m not a pro but do occasional gigs for private parties and senior homes. My regular keyboards are a SX700 and a Korg ek50. I like the light weight of the ek50 but it can’t play the free downloaded styles from psr tutorial and it doesn’t have a touchscreen.

The weight (25 lbs) of the sx700 is becoming more of a burden to carry it around and I seriously contemplated on getting a e473 but held off because of the display issues. I’m hoping Yamaha will shred a few pounds (about the same weight 16lbs as the ek50) from the next new keyboard and keep all the other good qualities of the sx700.

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Keystar!

I advise you NOT to go for a PSR-E model. Compared to PSR-SX or PSR-S, PSR-E models are very cumbersome to use. You would probably be very disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend an SX600 either if you already have an SX700. The SX600 is also much more awkward to use than the SX700. But IF you absolutely need a lighter weight instrument, go for the SX600 rather than a PSR-E model.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Keystar

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2023, 03:27:45 AM »
Thank you Chris. My aging back is urging me to shred as much weight as possible on the equipment (keys, stand, and pa etc.) that I have to carry.

I have looked at the Medeli akx10 which is about 19lbs. Not a whole lot lighter than the 25lb sx700 and I have read conflicting reviews on it’s quality. I’m also not sure if it can play the free styles that I have downloaded from psr tutorial to a usb stick. Any thoughts ? Thanks.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2023, 09:06:53 AM »
hi Keystar,
From info I have, is Medeli almost 21lb. I know that every lb counts, but I doubt you'd notice much difference between Medeli and SX700 (when transporting all needed stuff). Other than that, I think Medeli is a good keyboard for the price -is actually the same as SX700 (much better than E473). But keep in mind, that styles are not interchangeable with Yamaha styles. I have read that Yamaha styles can be converted for Medeli, but that might not be an easy task! But then SX700 styles are not compatible with E473 either.
If there would only be weight and performance, then I would pick PSR-SX600 (18lb), which can use SX700 styles -the only problem would be small  display.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2023, 01:58:56 PM »
Hi Keystar

I curently own a PSR-SX700. 

I have also owned a PSR-E473.

Whilst not knocking the E473, i would forget it as a performers keyboard, unless you are using it as a sort of synth keyboard to complement your SX700. But then you'd have 2 keyboards to carry... >:(

The E473 is a new model but it didn't inspire me at all. Having got it out of the box, it feels cheap, the keys are awful, and I wouldn't give much for its chances if you were carting it around from performance to performance, because it's very, how can I put this.....toy feel rather than instrument feel. The build is lightweight, but so is the general feel. The price reflects a lot of features, but at the cost of feel.....difficult to explain.

You can only load 10 styles into it too. So although it has quite a decent selection on board, it's still very very definitely nowhere near the SX700. I think you would be disappointed.  Best bet if you are able is to find a dealer who will let you see and play the E473.

The touch screen on the SX700 is fabulous. The non touch screen on the E473 is SO ridiculously small for what it does, and was the main reason I sold it on. I sold it within a month of buying it. Fortunately at not much of a loss. Just not impressed with it at all. I think Yamaha have dropped the ball with this one.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Yes, it's lighter, but it's missing SO SO much compared with your SX700.

Have you maybe considered getting a strong wheeled case for your SX700?  That way you don't physically have to carry it.
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2023, 02:29:44 PM »
The PSR E series is a toy category, I see the E series as something to get your feet wet in if you are curious about learning the piano/keyboard, not as a serious performance instrument. Keep the SX700, if you do demo the E series, you'll be glad you kept the SX700.

Offline Keystar

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2023, 08:28:00 PM »
Thank you everyone for the valuable feedback, much appreciated.

I agree that e473 feels cheap comparing to sx700. As for playing styles, I was able to play the styles that are meant for other Yamaha models on the sx700 so I assume that same can be played on the e473 ?

As for the Medeli, not being able to play the Yamaha styles without conversion is a deal breaker.  The same drawback for the Korg EK50 that I like a lot. That and the lack of a touchscreen limit it’s usefulness for my needs. All things considered the sx700 is the best for me  right now. With modern technology I’m sure they can make a lighter version without many compromises if they think there’s a market for it.

Offline pjd

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2023, 12:23:55 AM »
As for playing styles, I was able to play the styles that are meant for other Yamaha models on the sx700 so I assume that same can be played on the e473 ?

Sorry for being so direct, but No.

Any model E-series is a step backward from SX700. I have owned and played both E443 and S950. You will definitely regret leaving the mid-range for an entry-level arranger, no matter the weight.

E473 supports SFF (version 1) styles. SX700 supports SFF GE (version 2) styles. You can not simply load an SFF2 style on an SFF (version 1) keyboard. The style file must be converted and depending upon your computer expertise, conversion will be a pain and important features will be lost. The specification tables in the respective Owner's Manuals are clear about style compatibility.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I would hate to see you make a decision that you will eventually regret.

All the best -- pj
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 12:25:26 AM by pjd »

The following users thanked this post: Keystar

Offline Enildo

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2023, 01:25:53 AM »

Hello friend!
I don't think you need to change your keyboard, but buy a transport cart to carry your things.

Enildo

The following users thanked this post: Keystar

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2023, 07:33:28 AM »
That;s Good points. Another thing i do is keep the psr sx700 as my main keyboard and a psr e as a second hand for travel.

Offline Lije Baley

« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2023, 06:38:42 PM »
Interesting points. I want to add another.
17: Add accessibility functions: Since that keyboards now uses touch screens, for a blind (visually impaired) person like me, and also low vision persons, it could be impossible to navigate between the options of the keyboard. For this case I want a screen reading and magnifying functionality to the keyboard to have more access to their settings.

Hi Luis and others!

Even the great Stevie Wonder once said that if an instrument isn’t good for a blind musician, then it isn’t good for any musician.

Accessibility should not be a ‘feature’ but rather a concept that is at the heart of the product. With a programmable and highly customizable device like a Yamaha arranger keyboard, the concept should be relatively easy to implement.

If I may be so bold, my suggestion to Yamaha would be to allow for connection of an external touchscreen monitor. We live in a day and age where a 24-inch or other decently sized touchscreen monitor can be had for not much money and for a visually impaired musician, this could serve as an integral and essential part of the instrument.

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, one can only connect ‘a monitor’ that simply mirrors the image of the display on the instrument. That’s fine for karaoke and sing-alongs, of course, but hardly any help to a visually impaired musician. Imagine this – you hook up an external monitor to the instrument because the fonts are simply too tiny for you to comfortably read. First, you have to look at the external monitor to see what it says, then observe the ‘location’ of where it says it, then turn to the display on the instrument and try to find the same location (more or less by guessing, because the screens are of different dimensions) and then hope you’ve pressed the correct touch zone. Quite a process, isn’t it? All of this can be avoided if the external monitor is touchscreen. Remember, visually impaired does not mean blind, as there are various degrees of disability and in many cases, a feature like this would be a great help to the musician.

Now, Yamaha is a big corporation and I have no doubt it is in their interest to care, even nurture, society and so, it would not be difficult for them to establish a relationship with experts in the field, as well as musicians, who would be able to give a unique perspective on the matter. I guarantee it would be much appreciated by many. I bet some would find it tremendously rewarding and the single most important feature on which to base their decision on.

Honestly, I think all of us need to be reminded about the needs of the underprivileged sometimes. I hope no one thinks less of me for speaking my mind.
Best wishes,
Antun

Offline beakybird

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2023, 02:29:01 AM »
I'd like

1) Dedicated Talk On/Off button.
2) Dedicated Vocal Harmonizer On/Off button.
3) More assignable knobs.
4) Better vocal harmonizer technology.
5) Save As - not just Save function.
6) Expansion packs that are based on popular genres of music - not just nationalities.
7) Most importantly, since I use my SX900 to record, a MIDI plugin that can be used with any DAW to edit voices and effects.

Thanks for the topic!

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2023, 06:26:02 PM »
The SX600 is also much more awkward to use than the SX700.
I would say the SX700 is more awkward than the SX600 because of the touch screen. I have to use Voice Guide to really do anything, but when I use my audio interface to record things on the keyboard, it picks up Voice Guide. The SX600 has mostly the older voices, which is why I don't recommend it normally. If you want a lighter keyboard than the SX700, the SX600 is still the way to go, but the SX700 has better sounds.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2023, 06:49:42 PM »
Just have Yamaha put the "Music Finder" program BACK on the keyboard. They gave users the program and I use the darn thing. Just put it BACK on the keyboard.

I actually use it and the registration is not same thing by a long shot.

The Music Finder uses 21 characters which allows me to put in Code in the NAME of Song for the KEY.
It ties to the style and has a place noting the Set folder the style is in. I use to find my sheet music.

Offline overover

« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2023, 06:51:16 PM »
I would say the SX700 is more awkward than the SX600 because of the touch screen. I have to use Voice Guide to really do anything, but when I use my audio interface to record things on the keyboard, it picks up Voice Guide. ...

Hi DJIcendration,

You can set the Voice Guide on the SX700 so that it is only output through the internal speakers. To do this, switch from "On" to "Speaker Only" in "Menu > Utility > System > page 2/2 > Voice Guide Sound":

Quote from SX700 Reference Manual, page 131:

Voice Guide Sound: Determines where the Voice Guide Sound is output.
   • On: The sound is output to the speakers, headphones, and the MAIN OUTPUT jacks.
   • Speaker Only: The sound is output only to the speakers.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 06:54:11 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2023, 05:25:21 PM »
Just have Yamaha put the "Music Finder" program BACK on the keyboard. They gave users the program and I use the darn thing. Just put it BACK on the keyboard.

I actually use it and the registration is not same thing by a long shot.

The Music Finder uses 21 characters which allows me to put in Code in the NAME of Song for the KEY.
It ties to the style and has a place noting the Set folder the style is in. I use to find my sheet music.

I never used the music finder program because it does not save transpose.....
as a singer it is needed, the korg songbook saves everything sty, mid, txt, wav,,
and is a very powerful live feature.. genos imo needs a setlist upgrade also to show all single songs without folders etc... ::)

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2023, 07:52:36 PM »
as a singer it is needed, the korg songbook saves everything sty, mid, txt, wav,,
and is a very powerful live feature.. genos imo needs a setlist upgrade also to show all single songs without folders etc... ::)

Yes absolutely this. If anything Korg have improved the songbook even further on the Pa5x as it now has extra options and the layout is slicker. There is no reason why Yamaha couldn’t do this as well and I hope something similar is on their next arranger.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2023, 11:26:59 PM »
Well for me the Play Lists are a vast improvement over Music Finder and much more useful.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2023, 01:59:16 PM »

I transpose just about every song I as I only play in the key of "C" on the keyboard.

I do note the key I need to transpose to easily by using the Music Finder.
I place the song's name and follow it by the key I sing it in as follows:
RingOfFire-3           
FolsomPrison+6
Crazy+3
BurninLove+0

The number tells me the number of times to hit the +/- transpose buttons. Simple and quick, nothing to have to figure out in my head.
But the more important issue is I use the MF to quickly find my sheet music (over 400 songs now) with the code I store in the KEYWORD section of the MF software.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 02:01:20 PM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: Jan-Eve, Divemaster

Offline Dnj

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2023, 01:15:23 PM »
LARGE TILT UP DISPLAY

« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2023, 07:18:50 PM »
Well, the main thing for me would be improved voice guide, since I am also blind.
But aside from that, isn't it time to upgrade the sound effects? There are some GM sound effects, but last time I checked, they sounded no better than those on the PSR-E series. There are also several instruments where no S.Art or S.Art2 voice is available. Banjo, accordions, bandoneon, solo cello, viola and contrabass, pan flutes, ocarinas and recorders, melodica... we may also need more drum kits, some realistic ones in diverse genres, perhaps updated brush stroke things. Some of the drum kits are a bit too clean. What if I want to play some old pop thing? Also, 1000 more jazz styles, particularly orchestral jazz like some of those new ones on the Genos 2, as well as latin jazz. And how about sidechaining for the kick in the dance styles? Improved Vocoder that sounds more like a TalkBox, and so on. Oh yes, also more free styles, HipHop styles and DJ styles. A drum n bass DJ style would be nice.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2023, 09:33:30 PM »
Hello everyone!

Enildo

See that my item "07" (HDMI) was serviced by Yamaha on the G2!
Hopefully it will also be part of the SX1000! lol

Enildo

« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2023, 04:29:52 PM »
DJIncendration, I agree that the SX600 is a better choice for us. You say you only get the older voices. Then why not buy a PSR-S975 or an S970? Wouldn't that have more of the newer voices? The problem with the SX600 is that the styles aren't organized as well and sometimes seem to be in a random order. For example, the HipHop styles are all over the place.

Offline overover

« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2023, 05:15:15 PM »
... The problem with the SX600 is that the styles aren't organized as well and sometimes seem to be in a random order. For example, the HipHop styles are all over the place.

Hi Theodor,

You can copy the Preset styles at any time (preferably onto a USB stick, because the SX600's internal User drive is only 20 MB in size and is also required for the styles of the installed expansion packs).

Either put all the styles into one folder to have them available in alphabetical order, or sort the styles into several folders, for example by style category. If necessary, you can of course also rename the styles or use a character like “_” or “!” at the beginning of the filename to bring individual styles to the top of the list.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline Flipper2

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2023, 06:34:20 AM »
I think tilted display and Mic volume knob should be standard on all PSR-SX models.