Author Topic: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Enildo

The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »
Hello everyone!

The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard:

01. Recording style tracks with the sustain pedal
02. Saving custom Drum Setup Kits
03. CASM section in Style Creator
04. Lyrics / Text in .PDF or .Doc format with colorful letters
05. Half Bar Fill physical button without the need to use Assignable buttons, freeing them for other uses.
06. The return of the physical Fade in / out button
07. The return of the video output (preferably HDMI) without the need for adapters
08. 04 buttons (knobs) Live Control
09. In the "Speaker" function, in addition to the "Headphone Switch, On and Off selections," the "Internal speakers only" function. In this case, they would cut all the keyboard outputs
10. The possibility of recording S.Art voices on MultiPads
11. Editable Arpeggio function
12. Vocal Harmony On / Off indicator light on the panel
13. Two microphone inputs with independent Mic Setting / Vocal Harmony controls

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

Re: Las 13 cosas que quería en el siguiente teclado PSR yamaha
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 12:22:47 AM »
Hello Enildo, very good points.  I would add another three points. continuing the list: 14. possibility of direct sampling on the keyboard. 15. In the "Song Creator" possibility to copy specific bars or measures from one channel to another channel. 16. Replacement of the power adapter by power cord. Best regards. Hans

Offline Enildo

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 09:56:34 AM »
Hello Enildo, very good points.  I would add another three points. continuing the list: 14. possibility of direct sampling on the keyboard. 15. In the "Song Creator" possibility to copy specific bars or measures from one channel to another channel. 16. Replacement of the power adapter by power cord. Best regards. Hans

Hi Hans!

Thank you for your help, You brought good points!

Enildo

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline luiscarlos2000

Re: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 07:54:22 AM »
Interesting points. I want to add another.
17: Add accessibility functions: Since that keyboards now uses touch screens, for a blind (visually impaired) person like me, and also low vision persons, it could be impossible to navigate between the options of the keyboard. For this case I want a screen reading and magnifying functionality to the keyboard to have more access to their settings.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 10:21:36 AM »
Interesting points. I want to add another.
17: Add accessibility functions: Since that keyboards now uses touch screens, for a blind (visually impaired) person like me, and also low vision persons, it could be impossible to navigate between the options of the keyboard. For this case I want a screen reading and magnifying functionality to the keyboard to have more access to their settings.

Thanks for the contribution Luís Carlos, you included a super important suggestion,
although yamaha has already put an accessibility program on its SX and Genos lines, but it needs to improve and evolve.

Enildo

Offline 3dc

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 11:33:32 AM »
My suggestions for PSR-E463:

1. Pitch and Mod Wheel or Joystick
2. MIDI master controller implementation and better DAW workflow integration
3. Simple step sequencer for fast music arrangement
4. Velocity sensitive Pads
5. Memory for all keyboard settings
6. L and R out in 61 keys
7. 14 W speakers with 1" Twitter ( mini studio monitors )
8. Color display with better overview of selected functions
9. Simple 3 oscillators synth engine with dedicated knobs and sliders for education purposes

I know all highly unlikely I am afraid.  :'(
Its really not understandable to me that Yamaha leaves all MIDI controller customers to other brands like Novation, Roland, Korg,.... I can see the benefit of educational keyboard in E373 but the new E473 should be a better intermediate step to either Arranger or Synthesizer path.     
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 11:42:51 AM by 3dc »
Yamaha PSR-E463

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline blackpool

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 03:51:20 PM »
I am very happy with everything apart from aftertouch

I think the SX models are the best PSR's ever produced and the midrange 700 is just the best 'bang for buck' in the arranger/workstation market in my view.

With respect......E models are never going to offer the same spec as SX's in the lineup of PSR's ....They are at a different price point
Keith
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:56:18 PM by blackpool »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »
Sustain on all style Parts is a no no... that will cause all kinds of problems I'm sure (that's why it is not possible now).

But I would welcome

A. - An improved noise-free key bed with After Touch
B. - A CASM Editor in Style Creator (but StyleMagic has a good one already along with a good Drum Editor)
C. - An Arpeggiator Editor to create User Arpeggios
D. - Return of the physical Fade In / Fade Out button

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline hans1966

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Very good point Joe H., I would add as an additional and no less important point 18. or 19, possibility of a piano roll editor, in "Song Creator" and "Style Creator". Hans

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 02:24:28 PM »
I'd like to add to the list an improved response time on the touchscreen, I've tested the SX900 and it reacts slowly IMO. Also it could be only me and I've said this before, but I would like to bring back the "Ballad" category; currently its mushed in the Pop & Rock, some in Country, others in some other category. I found that I can navigate better without the search function by going to my downloaded T4 styles that I have in a USB and browse via folders, but that's because I'm accustomed to the old UI before the touch and I mentally know where certain styles are based in their page location (muscle memory)... and hey, the SX900 does full voicing of the T4 factory styles, took them 10 years for the trickle down lol :)

/rant

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »
I find the touch screen as quick as my I pad. No problems at all.
As to styles why not find the ones you use a lot and save then to favourites. Then always easy to find by just pressing Favourite button

Online overover

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 05:16:40 PM »
I'd like to add to the list an improved response time on the touchscreen, I've tested the SX900 and it reacts slowly IMO. ...

Hi mixermixer,

you can go to [Menu] > [Utility] > [Touch Screen/Display] and switch off the "Transition Effect" (on page 2/2). This makes the display changes faster.

Best regards,
Chris
Everyone always said: This is not possible! - Then someone came and ... just did it!

The following users thanked this post: mixermixer

Offline Moontom

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 05:06:41 PM »
curious if the new SX line allows for MIDI multi-tracking and then looping the results. this is a huge problem w/ the Genos....how these sophisticated instruments lack that basic capability is beyond me.