Author Topic: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard  (Read 9657 times)

Online overover

Re: The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2021, 03:01:08 AM »
Hi luiscarlos2000,

the term "voice guide" is mentioned in the A5000 Reference Manual more than 20 times.

So this model definitely has this function (like SX900/700 and Genos). The only thing is that the Voice Guide file is not yet available for download.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:04:00 AM by overover »
Everyone always said: "This is not possible!" - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline luiscarlos2000

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2021, 04:37:59 AM »
Thanks for the answer Chriss. I understand it correctly: Voice guide is implemented, however the file is not yet available to download. Only waiting is our best option.
Past Yamaha keyboards that I now don't use: PSR-S710, PSR-A2000
Current Yamaha keyboard I use: PSR-A3000
Next, or future, Yamaha keyboard I will use: PSR-A5000

Offline metcam

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2021, 03:48:39 PM »
I wish Yamaha implement trough next OS and YEM update  to SX-series keyboards " Special features" in YEM same as "Genos/Tyros5" have.

Yamaha Expansion manager owners manual page 24.

I really don't like compare Yamaha to others ,,,well  all KORG PA series starting from PA-80 20 years ago have that options.
It's really shame the new SX-series can't do this.

Believe Yamaha will update this option to SX keyboards. 

Best regards!
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Joe H

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2021, 04:10:57 PM »
What I would like to see is:

All Live control parameters can be assigned to foot pedal.
Sysex messages available for ALL arpeggio parameters in the Data List book. 

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Bill, OmbDave

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2021, 02:46:33 AM »
Good thinking. I have a few things I'd like to add:
19. Revo!Drums/SFX: The A5000 has 20 Revo SFX, while the Genos has 10 Revo Drums and SFX, and the SX900 has none. The SX900 only has the drums and PopPercKit without wave cycling and all the technology that the Revo!Drums/SFX have on the Genos/A5000.
20. voices: The PSR-SX600 has voices that are not on the PSR-SX700, 900, or Genos (not that I'd definitely use all of them, but still). Here are a few examples:
CavacoLegato 8 35 24 S.Art!
CavacoStrum 8 37 24 S.Art!
ViolaCaipiraLegato 8 32 15 S.Art!
ViolaCaipiraStrum 8 34 15 S.Art!
I understand that the keyboards may increase in price with these changes, but they'd make the flagship keyboard (and the PSR models) even better.
Edit: Turns out that the voices I listed earlier are in an expansion pack for the SX700, 900, and Genos. Only 19 still applies.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:46:01 PM by DJIncendration »

Offline jamferreira2020

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2021, 12:24:47 AM »
I would add voice command search

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Asst. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2021, 05:23:21 PM »
Hello everyone!

The 13 things I wanted on the next PSR yamaha keyboard:

01. Recording style tracks with the sustain pedal
02. Saving custom Drum Setup Kits
03. CASM section in Style Creator
04. Lyrics / Text in .PDF or .Doc format with colorful letters
05. Half Bar Fill physical button without the need to use Assignable buttons, freeing them for other uses.
06. The return of the physical Fade in / out button
07. The return of the video output (preferably HDMI) without the need for adapters
08. 04 buttons (knobs) Live Control
09. In the "Speaker" function, in addition to the "Headphone Switch, On and Off selections," the "Internal speakers only" function. In this case, they would cut all the keyboard outputs
10. The possibility of recording S.Art voices on MultiPads
11. Editable Arpeggio function
12. Vocal Harmony On / Off indicator light on the panel
13. Two microphone inputs with independent Mic Setting / Vocal Harmony controls

Enildo

sx 900 and psr s 975 all operating battens are rubbered it have change to plastic battens then it will be better like genos butens it will be long lasting cost we can bare
cliffordleo

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2021, 06:14:43 PM »
Hi  :

As long as the digital chip shortage will not be ended nor solved, Yamaha are not even in the position to produce all their backorders   ( see  explanation of PJ ).

Most dealers have no Yamaha arranger keyboards in stock ...
for how long ?

The above mentioned disaster is Yamaha's priority
# one before Yamaha can think about updates or additional
features etc. , IMHO.

Nobody knows how and when this problem will be solved but patience might help.

Cross my fingers this shortage will be solved asap so all your wishes may come true.

Take care, JH
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 06:25:54 PM by Jeff Hollande »

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
My wishlist for the next PSR keyboard ...
Should be a Hybrid (Arranger + Synthesizer workstation) Or a mix of ModX + SX900

Details
- All portamento functions from the A5000 and more E.g. A Velocity parameter to determine the start point of a waveform.
- Dedicated button for Portamento
- Registration buttons on the left side with live switching (Voice shouldn't cut off when a new bank is selected)
- Import packs right from within the keyboard, able to select voices within the pack.
- Onboard Sampling and more voice edit features (Incl internal voices)
- Tilt'able Display
- A Ribbon controller

ALSO Stating things that I DO NOT want
- Vocal harmony
- Touch Displays
- YEM and everything related to it. OR integrate this into the keyboard, Packs should be installable from within the keyboard.
- Demonstration songs (Please put those in the website)
- Music Finder stuffs
- OTS
- MIDI in / out / thru jacks (Please make those USB based)

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Asst. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2021, 04:54:05 PM »
Hello forum!

I don't know about you, but I liked the color of the PSR A5000's panel, the buttons became more prominent and improves the visualization and location of the buttons.
I would like it to be the same color in the bottom area as well (in the styles, registers and multpads controls).
In my humble opinion it would be a good change. I hope yamaha will worry about that in the next model.

Enildo
only color is changes is not ok. if style operating buttons and other buttons must have to change to plastic it will be better. its in genos keyboard, if sx series have same type buttons Yamaha co can cost little more for it, its long life, and user friendly.. clifford leo dsouza,
cliffordleo

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2021, 04:57:41 PM »
ALSO Stating things that I DO NOT want
- Vocal harmony
- Touch Displays
- YEM and everything related to it. OR integrate this into the keyboard, Packs should be installable from within the keyboard.
- Demonstration songs (Please put those in the website)
- Music Finder stuffs
- OTS
- MIDI in / out / thru jacks (Please make those USB based)

I don't think arranger keyboards are for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »
My wishlist for the next PSR keyboard ...
Should be a Hybrid (Arranger + Synthesizer workstation)
IMHO this is almost exactly what the majority of arranger buyers would NOT want. More complicated keyboards are already out there, but not what typical arranger buyers choose. They want want simple, easy play, good sound. We see this kind of sentiment quite often because the “power users” tend to be more demanding, more vocal….but they do not represent the majority buyer, so hopefully Yamaha see this in the proper context.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
Should be a Hybrid (Arranger + Synthesizer workstation)

IMHO this is almost exactly what the majority of arranger buyers would NOT want.

Mike

Hi Mike --

I get what you're saying. However, there may be a way to implement synth-like voice editing without complicating the existing arranger interface. I'm thinking about a single button in the voice edit menu which opens a door to the synth parameters that are currently hidden from users. To keep development cost low, table/textual editing would be enough -- no need for graphical dials, etc.

The older Tyros series had keyboard-resident voice editing (Voice Creator) which they removed in order to simplify. Then, they had to scramble to implement voice editing in YEM -- and doing only a half-way job of it.

Not to start a Yamaha vs. Korg discussion, but the Korg arrangers do have deeper voice editing. Does Yamaha want to compete in that area or lose so-called power users to Korg?

Personally, I'm not letting Yamaha off the hook -- pj

Offline hans1966

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2021, 05:00:12 AM »
I totally agree with you Pjd.

It would be good if Yamaha implemented some voice editing parameters such as: Oscillators, with their AMP, and respective PITCH (Can be Osc1, Osc2) EG (Envelope Generators), LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) LFO1, LFO2
Crossfade, to create nice transitions between various layers of sound.

All this plus what comes from the factory in the SX series, and Genos which is: Cut, Release, Attack, Decay.

These are just my two cents

Greetings

Hans
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:03:37 AM by hans1966 »

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2021, 08:04:45 PM »
Hi Mike --

I get what you're saying. However, there may be a way to implement synth-like voice editing without complicating the existing arranger interface. I'm thinking about a single button in the voice edit menu which opens a door to the synth parameters that are currently hidden from users. To keep development cost low, table/textual editing would be enough -- no need for graphical dials, etc.

The older Tyros series had keyboard-resident voice editing (Voice Creator) which they removed in order to simplify. Then, they had to scramble to implement voice editing in YEM -- and doing only a half-way job of it.

Not to start a Yamaha vs. Korg discussion, but the Korg arrangers do have deeper voice editing. Does Yamaha want to compete in that area or lose so-called power users to Korg?

Personally, I'm not letting Yamaha off the hook -- pj

There's no voice editor? I mean, I can still use the voice edit function (on all the current touchscreen models), change ADSR via the "Sound" submenu of voice edit... that seems to be the same as on my CVP309 and PSRs970? Or was it deeper on the non-touchscreen Yamahas?

Just checked our T4, and you're right... I didn't even notice the "Voice Edit via PC" and "Custom Voice Assembly"! How does the latter work? Can I trigger different voices at different velocities? were these custom voices exportable to other boards?

Mark

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2021, 04:38:54 PM »
IMHO this is almost exactly what the majority of arranger buyers would NOT want. More complicated keyboards are already out there, but not what typical arranger buyers choose. They want want simple, easy play, good sound. We see this kind of sentiment quite often because the “power users” tend to be more demanding, more vocal….but they do not represent the majority buyer, so hopefully Yamaha see this in the proper context.
Mike

My brother owns a PSR 9000 and it does have sound editing features, (including onboard sampling)
SX should have this, while for the E series they can keep it simple.

Offline mikf

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2021, 05:14:05 PM »
Pretty much all the keyboards have fairly extensive editing of voices, and some have sampling. My comments referred to much more than this  -- the poster wanted the arranger to become a hybrid of an arranger and a workstation. I see that as overkill for most arranger players. The E series is a simpler option, and pretty good, but it is a lower quality /much lower cost keyboard than the Genos or other TOTL arrangers, and aimed at avery  different market.
Mike

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2021, 06:13:56 PM »
IMHO it is not easy and difficult for Yamaha to develop and create a new high end arranger keyboard after the creation of the Genos and the SX serie.
Time will tell.

Synth players are different musicians than arranger keyboard players.
Their individual demands and needs are not comparable and absolutely different.

I think Mike is right.

Best regards, JH

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2021, 04:56:41 PM »
Contd of my wish lists

An arranger is only as good as its Rhythm and accompaniment customizations. The biggest drawback of Yamaha keyboards (GENOS and PSR S/SX) is the difficulty in creating custom accompaniments  A BIG LET DOWN, especially after spending big ones.

By default one is fixed in C Major I try to change it to a minor, or I try to transpose my code etc, and the whole accompaniment messes itself up.
- Please make this customizable. For a start, Do not force us to move into a different mode (explained in detail below)
Unable to check chord progressions while editing accompaniment.
- Change your architecture, do not force us into any modes. Make it just one click away (Like your voice edit) Make it freely transposable, Octave shift's etc and we are able to play along as we customize our styles.
Step recording is more confusing with lot of text style format and deleting one would shift up the rest etc
- Please make it diagramatic .. those Roland TR 101 Block style. where we turn on off each note. and if one needs to dig deeper, each note (or should I say Kit sound) should have its dedicated window where you can edit that note and its parameters on that Measure
Kit tuning, I had to get myself a Korg CA 2 to check if my kits were in tune with the song / accompaniment. Very important for Indian Players (Tabla, Mridangam etc)
- Add a utility where we can check the tuning of the sound.
Remove Other bugs like,
**not all signatures were available in my PSR S when I select new style (Had to choose a style with that measure and customize it)
**Keyboard turns non responsive during step recording etc.