Author Topic: Saving registration memory settings.  (Read 1628 times)

Offline shezza

Saving registration memory settings.
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:09:08 PM »
Hello all, I have saved my registrations settings in 1 to 8 but I cant find out how to save the bank of settings so that I can start again with some more settings. I have looked in the manual but cannot seem to find any instructions how to do it Any advise would be great thanks. 

Offline ckobu

Re: Saving registration memory settings.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:30:32 PM »
It was filmed on Genos but the procedure for SX is exactly the same. Just select the save icon and enter a new name. Watch the video from this moment.

https://youtu.be/UYay9UzUnOQ?t=296

You can view the entire play list that describes how to work with registrations.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7D3uE76oiLZEtVUV_JxKFcJr7A2Wui97

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:36:01 PM »
Hello,   I will suggest that you can create a new bank by turning your keyboard on while holding down the second highest note, likely a b flat or b natural.   A new bank will show up on your main screen

Then get it up and then under menu 2 you can name it anything you wish.

A little practice and you'll get the hang of it.

OR

bring up your original bank, set the board the way you like it and then save the settings to reg 1. by pressing memory then reg 1

This seems dangerous I know, but when you leave this new bank the board will warn you about this . save the changes.  Go through the instructions and voila; a new second bank appears. Name it under menu 2

This works on my tyros 5, and I believe this should work on your board as well.......but, no guarantees

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 11:43:56 PM »
Hello all, I have saved my registrations settings in 1 to 8 but I cant find out how to save the bank of settings so that I can start again with some more settings. I have looked in the manual but cannot seem to find any instructions how to do it Any advise would be great thanks.

Hi shezza,

please read again the pages 86 - 89 in the SX900 Owner's Manual ("Storing and Calling up Custom Panel Setups—Registration Memory ..."

Information for "Saving the Registration Memory as a Bank file" you can find on page 88.

P.S.
To make another Registration Bank, you can just memorize your new settings to the buttons 1 - 8 (over the settings of a previous Bank). Then press SAVE and enter a new filenamefor the new Bank. If you do this, the previous bank will remain unchanged. (If you don't enter a new filename, your new settings will overwrite the previous Bank.)

To delete certain Registrations (so that the relevant button is no longer lit), use the "Regist Bank Edit" function (page 89 in the Owner's Manual). If needed, you can also make a completly empty Bank: Just delete the Registrations of ALL the buttons, and then save this state as a new Bank (using a filename like "empty Bank"). But, as mentioned, this is usually NOT needed. It would make more sense if you make your preferred settings first (e.g. Split Points, Pedals, Assignable settings, etc.), memorize this state to Reg button #1, and save this as a new Bank. Then you can use these settings as a defined starting point in the future.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:02:22 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)