Author Topic: Installing yamaha pack  (Read 1839 times)

Offline trotty

Installing yamaha pack
« on: October 29, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
Good morning
I need help i am trying to install the church and xmas pack all is ok until i get a message stating "Cannot do quick installation a full installation is required " do not know where to go from here any help would be appreciated

regards

Trotty

Offline ckobu

Re: Installing yamaha pack
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:25:00 PM »
Hi trotty
You're making a mistake creating a CPI file. You must not leave a CQI but choose a CPI. Watch the video from 06:22.

https://youtu.be/YhO2ZHlvmX0?t=382
Watch my video channel

Offline trotty

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 01:58:27 PM »
Thank you all sorted but can you add more packs without deleting the factory installed

again thank you

Offline ckobu

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 02:06:14 PM »
You can install the packages as you wish. If you download the Pre-installed packages from the Yamaha site, you can combine them with the others you have.
https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx700/vse.html

The installation process is shown in the video I posted in the post before.
Watch my video channel

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 02:13:29 PM »
Thank you all sorted but can you add more packs without deleting the factory installed

again thank you

Yes, but not the first time. If you want to add to the factory installed packs, you need to download those "factory" packs from the Yamaha website and load them into YEM. Then you can create a new pack that combines them with any others.

The 'quick install' option actually only knows about the last pack you created on YEM. It doesn't know what's currently on your keyboard. So if you haven't installed any packs through YEM before, the first one needs to be a 'full' pack so YEM has a known starting point.
Genos

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 05:39:02 PM »
Hello folks, where do I find the original Files (Factory Packs) installed on sx900, in order to make a combination of pre-installed plus other?

Regards
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:40:03 PM by bhergar56 »
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline DerekA

Genos

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56