Author Topic: Volume behavior when recording midi  (Read 1476 times)

Volume behavior when recording midi
« on: October 27, 2020, 06:13:22 PM »
Hi all, I have this strange behavior in sx900 that I haven't been able to solve, please your advise.

I have a midi file that I need to include a new track, all volume settings for each channel or track are correct. Now I want to record a new instrument in an empty channel, so what I'm doing is: accessing via Multi Recording, selecting the channel I want to record, assigning Right 1 (voice that I want), and continue with the record process. Once a finish the recording process, for some reason all the volume parameters or settings for the rest of midi channels change, They have been reduced its ammount in a x proportion once I finish/save the recording session, all volume levels change for the other channels. I have tried several ways to see and understand why those parameters change, I don't know if other parameters are also changed when doing this type of recording, but is annoying to go back and re adjust your settings again.
Any ideas of what is happening or what Im doing wrong?

Thank you all for your advice.

Regards.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline hans1966

Re: Comportamiento del volumen al grabar midi
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 01:42:37 AM »
Hello Bhegar56, it is normal for this to happen.   Note that each time you select a different instrument, This one already comes with factory presets of volume and effects.  so you will need to adjust these parameters for all your instruments in your MIDI recording.  you can go directly to the mixing console, and make the necessary adjustments.  after you have made the necessary settings for each channel, remember to save the changes.  I hope this helps. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Re: Volume behavior when recording midi
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »
Thanks a lot for your response, yes this is what is happening, but if this is a normal situation it shouldn't be that way, I have all my volume set ups for each channel and in the moment I add or record a new channel, all my volume presets for each channel are lost and I have to re-adjust again these parameters. It shouldn't work this way or there should be a way to maintain my parameters when including new tracks/channels when recording. Thank you Hans.

Best regards.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Janus

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 03:35:38 PM »
The best is make the recording without faults
The faults stays forever in a recorded song
Make a endmix
Most pro musikanten goes to a studio to make the perfect mix that take some months
For live play are little faults no problem they are fast forgotten
And you can better do it in the next gig

Gr.Jan

The following users thanked this post: bhergar56

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 05:46:22 PM »
... I have a midi file that I need to include a new track, all volume settings for each channel or track are correct. Now I want to record a new instrument in an empty channel, so what I'm doing is: accessing via Multi Recording, selecting the channel I want to record, assigning Right 1 (voice that I want), and continue with the record process. Once a finish the recording process, for some reason all the volume parameters or settings for the rest of midi channels change, They have been reduced its ammount in a x proportion once I finish/save the recording session, all volume levels change for the other channels. I have tried several ways to see and understand why those parameters change, I don't know if other parameters are also changed when doing this type of recording, but is annoying to go back and re adjust your settings again. ...

Hi bhergar56,

to be on the safe side: Have you already installed the latest Firmware Update (V1.05) on your SX900?

I remember that there had been similar problems with some other model in the past (which to my knowledge were then fixed by a firmware update).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 06:19:32 PM »
Ohh yes Overover, I think so, I  have version 1.05 installed on Psr sx900. If you found something similar in other keyboards or in the past (older firmware versions) I think this is a "problema" issue.. jejeje. Hope Yamaha can fix this some day, because is very unpleasant.

Thanks!
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!