Author Topic: Psr sx900 - problem with YEM  (Read 1432 times)

Enzo1919

Psr sx900 - problem with YEM
« on: October 07, 2021, 01:46:54 PM »
Hello. Last week I purchased sx900, it's very good. But I have some problems with the Expansion Manager. I connected it properly, installed the synth and started working.
So the problem is that I can only create my pack from other packs I imported to YEM, but the other options are unavailable, such as voice editing, wawe samples importing, creating my own voices and drum voices.. does anyone know what could go wrong? Thank you

Offline Misu

Re: Psr sx900 - problem with YEM
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 07:22:31 AM »
Hi,

It is normal to be like that, don't worry, Yamaha politics.
Add on YEM a N27 file from Tyros5 or Genos and you will be able to make what you want with one exception:
No connection with SX 900 to hear on keyboard directly your creation(without installation) - you can hear on computer(with computer sound board)
After that you will install the pack and you will se the real sound.
Success!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 07:37:01 AM by Misu »
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 08:37:43 AM »
Hi Enzo1919,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum!

To create your own Voices, you must first create a new, empty Pack (My Packs > Create Pack). If this Pack is selected under "My Packs", click on the lower "+" sign to create a new, empty Voice in this Pack (Create Normal Voice or Create Drum Voice). Double-click the new Voice to open the Voice Editor.

Note: Only Preset Voices of Genos and Tyros5 can be edited in YEM. Unfortunately, this is not possible for PSR-S and SX models. On the SX900 you only have the opportunity to create your own Normal and Drum Voices that use your their own wave samples.

P.S.
Of course, you can also use an existing (and not protected) Pack and create new Voices there. It is important that you then save your finished Voices as a .ppf Pack file (either the complete Pack via "My Packs > Export Pack" or individual Voices of a Pack via "> Export Selected Content as Pack").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 05:21:38 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Enzo1919

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 08:30:22 PM »
Hi,

It is normal to be like that, don't worry, Yamaha politics.
Add on YEM a N27 file from Tyros5 or Genos and you will be able to make what you want with one exception:
No connection with SX 900 to hear on keyboard directly your creation(without installation) - you can hear on computer(with computer sound board)
After that you will install the pack and you will se the real sound.
Success!

Thank you so much!! I will try that for sure 😀😀