Author Topic: Metronome  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Ingar

Metronome
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:03:17 PM »
Tyros 5 had/have a physical button for the metronome. That means all my registrations that I have transferred to Genos over 800, do not have that feature, and I have to reload them one by one. Yes, I miss that button. :)
Regards Ingar

Offline overover

Re: Metronome
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
Hi Ingar,

on Genos, you can assign the function "Metronome On/Off" to one of the "Assignable" buttons". Then you have a physical button again. :)

To my understanding:
What do you mean by "... all my registrations that I have transferred to Genos ... do not have that feature, and I have to reload them one by one."?

The Metronome Settings CANNOT be saved in Registrations (neither with the Tyros5 nor with the Genos). The Metronome Settings can only be saved in the "System Setup" (automatically when you close the setting display).

P.S.
You could also assign this function to a Foot switch (e.g. FC5) connected to one of the Pedal sockets.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:21:26 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 09:16:53 PM »
Tyros 5 had/have a physical button for the metronome. That means all my registrations that I have transferred to Genos over 800, do not have that feature, and I have to reload them one by one. Yes, I miss that button. :)
Regards Ingar

That’s what assignable buttons are for. Just assign the metronome to any button you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ingar

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:15:46 PM »
That’s what assignable buttons are for. Just assign the metronome to any button you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Yes I know. I have done that and it works fine with all my new registratons. The problem is the old one from Tyros 5. But I am working on it and save them over again with activated assignable button.

Take care

Ingar

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »
Yes I know. I have done that and it works fine with all my new registratons. The problem is the old one from Tyros 5. But I am working on it and save them over again with activated assignable button.

Take care

Ingar

Once you assign a button, it stays that way (unless changed by a registration). But none of your T5 registrations will change assignments because they never knew about assignments in the first place.

Sounds to me like your problem is "save them over again". By saving them, you’re introducing the ability for them to change your assignments. Quit doing that.

I would reload all your T5 registrations. I bet they work fine, and leave your assignments alone.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Ingar