Author Topic: Navigation buttons  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Marecki

Navigation buttons
« on: October 18, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new here so I greet the whole forum.  Navigation buttons, a few of them require more pressure, maybe there is a way?  Do I need to have my T5.  Please help and thank you very much.  greetings :)

Offline DrakeM

Re: Navigation buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
To my knowledge there is not any sensitivity settings on any of the Yamaha keyboards for the navigation buttons. Only the black and white KEYS have such a feature.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:30 PM »
Hello,

Can you tell us what buttons seem to need an extra push?

Like Drake mentioned, I don't know of any button that needs an extra boost to activate.

I realize that you are probably using google translate so we will bear with you for sure

regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »
If buttons are getting harder to press then this is probably due to wear and tear.

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 03:47:21 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new here so I greet the whole forum.  Navigation buttons, a few of them require more pressure, maybe there is a way?  Do I need to have my T5.  Please help and thank you very much.  greetings :)

Hi Marecki,

the fact that some of the display buttons (A - J) experience contact problems after a period of use is a well-known problem with all Tyros models.

The only permanent solution is to have the switches in question REPLACED by a technician who is familiar with this work (e.g. at a Yamaha Service Center). Some music stores also have their own technician who can do this work. The relevant switches (so-called "tact switches") are usually in stock here, and if not, these Yamaha spare parts can be obtained within a few days.

I do NOT recommend doing this yourself unless you have a lot of experience in electronic work and soldering SMD components. You should also have the Tyros5 Service Manual available.

What you can do YOURSELF at the moment:

1. Take a vacuum cleaner with a fine nozzle and vacuum for a few minutes on each affected display button. In some cases the buttons work again for a while without problems.
2. Press the relevant display button VERY OFTEN (e.g. 50 ... 100 times). Press the buttons at different angles, but NOT with extremely strong pressure.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Marecki

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »
Thank you very much and regards :)

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 05:32:37 PM »
Thank you very much and regards :)

Thanks for your quick feedback, Marecki!

I hope your problem with the display buttons can be solved soon.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)