Author Topic: Highlighting songs to play on PSR-SX900  (Read 2329 times)

antonuk

Highlighting songs to play on PSR-SX900
« on: October 18, 2020, 05:37:40 PM »
HELP - !!!   I've migrated from the  PSR 950 to the SX-900 - difficult baptism of fire trying to reinstall each component of the old styles, but finally got to transfer old registration (even though Yamaha states there not transferable!), some of which will need 'tweaking' but generally they work  (Thanks Joe for your help).

I generally save individual songs on a category bank and previously selected the song to play by pressing J - into the bank screen, selecting the particular bank (A to J), then the Edit button, finally pressing the button adjacent to the particular song A to J), which would then highlight the memory bank light from green to orange.  Nice large bank screen and individual song screen - no chance of pressing a wrong registration!

I can't seem to emulate that process on the SX900 - the screen fonts appear small by comparison and selecting the bank doesn't seem to enable the memory bank lights to highlight that particular registration - asking for a problem to occur

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?  Can you advise how I can emulate the 950 process PLEASE! 

Offline hans1966

Re: Resaltar canciones para volver en PSR-SX900
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 03:38:06 AM »
Hi Antonuk, there are several things you should know: 1.  there is great difference between the S950 to the SX90O. you must understand that the SX900 has a totally different operating system to the S950, so it must adapt to the new system. 2.  I do not know what it refers to with small fonts on the screen, (letters or icons), if it is lyrics for songs, I advise you to download the latest update of the operating system (v 1.05) on the website of yamaha, in which several bugs were fixed and among them the increase of the font for song lyrics. 3.  A new feature called PLAY LIST appears on the SX900, replacing the old MUSICFINDER. 4.  In terms of styles, you do not specify whether they were made directly on your previous S950, or if you used YEP to create an expansion pack.  Remember that the current expansion data software is YEM, so you will need to download the software to your computer and update your old expansion packs via YEM.  I hope this helps. If it's not clear, you can republish, someone here with more experience will be able to help you. Best regards. Hans
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:47:10 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline EileenL

Re: Highlighting songs to play on PSR-SX900
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
Are you referring to linking songs to the eight registration banks.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »
Because people refer to things in different ways, it might help if you post some photos of what you're seeing?
Genos

antonuk

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 09:57:06 PM »
Thank you Hans, EileenL and DerekA for you points of clarification , really appreciative your time and interest. Apologies, it's always difficult to fully explain the problem and your suggestion about submitting some photos may well - so here goes, hope this may elicit the issue and prompt some solutions for me from your experiences out there:

The technique uses one song per registration on the PSR 950

Photo 1 - Press button 'J' to the Registration screen displaying the current Bank broken down into  musical types

Button A pressed for Ballads

Photo 2 - Pressing Edit button displays Water Is Wide - song chosen and lights up on the registration screen

Photo 3 -  This has the immediate impact of lighting up Memory bank No. 4 - corresponding to No. 4 on the Registration screen

All of this makes it 'foolproof' in not hitting the wrong registration song and the corresponding memory bank during a performance - when pressures can get in the way.

I am trying to  produce this procedure on the PS -SX900, but cant find out to undertake this. choosing a particular songs on a registration bank (i.e., 8 songs per bank doesn't result in that memory bank number being lit, which has to be done manually - hence the possibility of hitting the wrong memory bank in a pressured  situation, not helped by the small font displayed on the registration banks.

So, would really value any help or advice you may be able to give - getting on a bits so not too bright in these matters, just want to play and sing!

Thank you very much!! 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 10:37:03 PM »
I see what you mean now. This can still be done on the SX900 but the sceen you use is slightly different looking now.
Select the registration at the top of the screen and now press Menu and select registration Bank info.
You will now see what voices are in each button. just select the one you want on screen and the button will change for you.

Offline hans1966

Re: Resaltar canciones para volver en PSR-SX900
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 10:58:36 PM »
Hi Antonuk, what EileenL says is true.  for me personally I think it's better to create a playlist.  in the previous post I mentioned that the new SX series He's coming with the PLAY LIST function, which replaces the old MUSIC-FINDER.With the PLAY LIST feature, you can create one or more play lists,  where you can save custom files such as: songs (Midi or Mp3) and styles with their OTS.   You can also use a registration bank just to incorporate new sounds and use them with your favorite songs.   it seems to me that with the new PLAY LIST feature, you save yourself more processes when it comes to playing a concert, that the way you plan to do it.    for settings and information about PLAY LIST, go to page 91, Item 7 of the Reference Manual.   I hope this helps. Best regards. Hans
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:06:54 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"