Author Topic: Registration does not save drums?  (Read 4374 times)

Offline torben

Registration does not save drums?
« on: October 17, 2020, 09:06:29 AM »
Hi friends

I have a strange problem that may have been answered before. However I could not find the answer anywhere.

Sometimes a saved registration use a drumsetting from a former registration. And I cannot find a way to impede this.

For instance, when I play a Classic piece with symphonic drums and switch to a jazz-registration afterwards, the jazz song sometimes uses the symphonic drums? Which is not optimal? Anyone of you has noticed the same problem - and solved it? Can you force the drums to be connected to one song only?

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Registration does not save drums?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 09:17:50 AM »
Were you playing a midi track along with the style?

The best way to make changes to a Drum Kit would be the Style Creators.
Resave the new edited Style.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline torben

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »
I never play a miditrack along with a style. Do you suggest I need to modify the style to save the intended drum voice? Can’t be the solution  :'(

Torben

Genos!

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 10:12:11 PM »
I don't know too much, but registrations to Yamaha are as studio sets to Roland...

so, yupper, uh-huh! Looks like you will have to copy the registration and change the voice and resave it to the new registration.

I know almost everyone here knows more about their Genos than I do, simply because I don't use my Genos as an arranger (and I probable should/will some day).

I hope I am wrong and there is an easier way. Greetings Torben.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 12:42:08 AM »
Hi friends

I have a strange problem that may have been answered before. However I could not find the answer anywhere.

Sometimes a saved registration use a drumsetting from a former registration. And I cannot find a way to impede this.

For instance, when I play a Classic piece with symphonic drums and switch to a jazz-registration afterwards, the jazz song sometimes uses the symphonic drums? Which is not optimal? Anyone of you has noticed the same problem - and solved it? Can you force the drums to be connected to one song only?

Kind regards

It’s unclear to me whether your drum setting is a style or voice.

Regardless, normally when new registration uses something from the previous reg, it means the new reg can’t find what you’ve asked it to load. When it can’t find it, it leaves the old stuff in place.

Possible sources of the problem are:
— you didn’t ask the new registration to load the drums. If so, you need to re-memorize the registration ensuring the appropriate boxes are checked
— the registration is trying to load a user file, but can’t find it. Again, you need to re-memorize the registration with the proper location of the file.

If you’re still having problems, post the registration, and we’ll take a look at it for you.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 08:16:07 AM »
Maybe Torben can clarify this, but I believe he is using a registration to call up a style and the drum kit being called up within that style is not consistent. If that is the case it’s is hard to see any way that should happen. I don’t think I can  remember anyone ever raising an issue like this before with any model ie where voices within a style are not consistent when the style is called up - but I could imagine it not being readily noticed if it it had.
Mike

Offline torben

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »
Hi friends

thanks for the advice. Actually I have had the same problem at least on my old Tyros5. The drums are part of a style - and the drums are in this case Genos's own drums ... They should be easily found. Nevertheless I will try to re-save the registration after having added manually (once more) the original drum ...

Strange ...

Kind regards

Torben

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 09:31:22 AM »
You have confirmed it is a style that is not consistent in pulling up voices. As I said before that should really not be possible, - a style is by definition all of the saved style parts. And when you save a style in a registration it is just going to that style. I have to wonder if it is a ‘glitch’ that just no- one has noticed before?
Mike

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »
thanks for the advice. Actually I have had the same problem at least on my old Tyros5. The drums are part of a style - and the drums are in this case Genos's own drums ... They should be easily found. Nevertheless I will try to re-save the registration after having added manually (once more) the original drum ...

Remember that a registration simply does what you can do manually. It just does it more quickly. So if you have problems with a registration that loads a style, you need to determine whether it’s the registration or the style.

Load the style manually to ensure it does what you want before working on the registration.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi friends
......I will try to re-save the registration after having added manually (once more) the original drum ...
Torbin
Wonder if there is a clue in what is going on here in your statement above. You can’t edit the drums in a style then think it will save in a registration. You have to edit the style to substitute the different drumkit, then save the style as a custom style with new name. Then you call up that style in the registration.
Mike

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 02:10:07 PM »
Torbin
Wonder if there is a clue in what is going on here in your statement above. You can’t edit the drums in a style then think it will save in a registration. You have to edit the style to substitute the different drumkit, then save the style as a custom style with new name. Then you call up that style in the registration.
Mike

You don't HAVE to do it that way. It is also possible to change voices and settings within a standard style (called by a registration), then re-memorise the registration and those new settings will be called every time the Reg is activated. The important thing is to memorise the registration every time you change something or the previous settings, currently baked in to the Reg., will always return unless of course you have Freeze on. (Save the bank to make the changes permanent and ensure Freeze for Style is off).
John
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 02:48:21 PM by jwyvern »

djp

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 09:24:26 AM »
possible problem is changing the usb positions when downloading. It extracts from yjd previous soourse. Make sure and change is saved in the same place