Author Topic: Voice for George Harrison's guitar on early Beatle's Songs  (Read 2833 times)

Offline porterma

Voice for George Harrison's guitar on early Beatle's Songs
« on: November 22, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has a voice (sound choice) for the Genos that will produce the same type of guitar sound that George Harrison used on many of the early Beatle tunes. His was the lead guitar and played many of the guitar solos and in between riffs throughout the music. A good example is the song "Can't Buy Me Love" where his guitar sound is very distinctive.
I am sure it requires a little "effects" tweeking on the Genos, but if you have a sound and can share it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Offline overover

Re: Voice for George Harrison's guitar on early Beatle's Songs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 10:33:02 PM »
Hi Mark,

I suggest you to go through the Styles of category "Oldies" and listen to their OTS Voices. (Please check also the Voices of Parts that are deactivated in the OTS.) Maybe this way you can find a suitable Voice for the desired George Harrision guitar sound.

P.S.
Please keep in mind that the OTS Voices are NOT always the same as the corresponding Preset Voices. (OTS Voices are often tweaked in Voice Set (Voice Edit) and/or Mixer so that they often sound better than the Preset Voices.)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:37:56 AM »
Here I have found what is on the record … a remastered sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3WJiqc_bEs

Here I have found a live performance of his guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srwxJUXPHvE

As I listen to the two different videos, it sure would appear that in the studio, a lot of tweaking went on with the Harrison guitar track. Also in the live video that guitar sounds a bit out of tune to me but it is different than the first, which suggests to me, Harrison could not recreate that studio sound live either.

Just find something close and be happy

You can go online and check out Wiki (and other sites) for information about how the song was recorded. This might give you tips as what to look for in the way of a guitar voice to use.

As an example:
I have created only one Beatles style and that was for the song "And I Love Her". When recording the song I wanted to know who all was doing the backup vocals. As it turned out it was nobody, the Studio just doubled tracked the one vocal track. When I did my recording and when doing the song live, I use the Standard Duo set up with 14% reverb on the setting. What did the Beatles do when they performed the song live? I have no idea.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 02:49:07 AM by DrakeM »

Offline porterma

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:53 AM »
Thanks Chris and Drake,
I appreciate your suggestions.

Mark