Author Topic: unrealBook (iPad app)  (Read 5498 times)

Offline jimlaing

unrealBook (iPad app)
« on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:00 PM »
I'm curious if very many people are using unrealBook, the iPad app, for displaying their music
and for creating set lists, etc.  I have found it works very well both at home and for gigs.  I also
use its MIDI features to recall Registrations for songs.  I have used its database ("keywords") also,
so I can search my repertoire of PDF files, by artist, genre, year, etc. (as long as I have put that data in)
I use the Set Lists feature alot too, to compile lists of songs either for gigs, or for certain 'themes' etc.
It sure is alot nicer than having dozens of music books, sheets of music, etc. etc.!  :-)

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline Dromeus

Re: unrealBook (iPad app)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 10:05:00 AM »
I use MobileSheets pro on my windows 10 tablet.

+1

I especially like the free MobileSheets companion app. I do prepare all my sheets on my studio desktop computer, then use the comapnion app to send the sheet wireless to the tablet. All housekeeping (editing), too. Couldn't be easier (I prefer a REAL keyboard over a virtual touch keyboard).
Regards, Michael

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »
MobileSheets is a great app with many good features. I tested it on Android and it works stably but I tried the Test version on a Windows 10 tablet and was disappointed. It crashes and does not receive commands properly.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8
Watch my video channel

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »
Hi - thanks - interesting.  Yes, I too do all my "prep" work (editing) on my computer, I have used Photoshop for years so I use that.  Then made PDFs from there.  Which I either AirDrop, or use DropBox, or plug the iPad right into my computer, to get the sheets onto unrealBook.  Sounds like these programs perhaps work similarly . . .

Jim

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »
Yes, they are very similar in concept. Unfortunately, Mobilesheets does not have an iPad version.
I also tried the OnSong app for iPad and maybe you might find it interesting.
Watch my video channel

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
I'm aware that this is rather an iOS thread (my apologies to Jim), but

I tried the Test version on a Windows 10 tablet and was disappointed. It crashes and does not receive commands properly.

I'm using Mobile Sheet Pro (licensed Version) for several years now on two (convertible) tablets as well as on a desktop PC, using Win10 64bit Home resp Pro, i5 or i7 processors, and I never had a crash. It also works flawlessly with rtpMIDI over WLAN (in my studio I use Cantabile as my control center and it sends the banked program change to display the score/sheet via WLAN to MobileSheet on the tablet).
Regards, Michael

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 03:02:44 PM »
I just tried the test version of MobileSheet, maybe that's the reason for the crash.  :(
Win10, 64 bit, Sufrace (i-5, 4gb).
Watch my video channel

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »
Yeah, I was mainly curious to know if there were any other users of unrealBook (app) on iPad, to share ideas etc.  There definitely are a good number of choices these days for music-reading (display) apps!

Jim

Offline hammer

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 06:27:05 PM »
Jim,
I’ve used unrealbook for nearly 10 years
No problems or complaints.
Deane

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
For those using unrealBook, I'm curious how many use some of the features such as Set Lists, MIDI to call up Registrations, keywords (database or 'dB'), etc.  If anyone using unrealBook needs help with some of these, I've used them quite a bit.  I also use the HDMI output and the settings related, to connect an iPad to a big TV (for showing songs to groups etc.).  I've also found settings that seem to optimize display of songs, hiding menus and making the page 'full and clean' etc.  Would be glad to help anyone that is wanting to use these kinds of features in unrealBook . . .

Jim

Offline hammer

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »
I have used Unreal Book for about 10 years.
I have over 3000 leadsheets on it.  It is very
Simple to use, gets regular ipdates, and has
Great support.  I gig out 3-5 times a werk and
Have never had a problem with it.

Highly recommended

Deane (
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 10:55:05 PM by hammer »