Author Topic: Genos Tablet Holder  (Read 4319 times)

Offline pedro_pedroc

Genos Tablet Holder
« on: February 09, 2022, 03:02:39 PM »
Hello!

I'm thinking about buying a big tablet to read the music sheet.

How do you use the tablet with genos?
1) Put the tablet on music stand. Is it stay well?
2) Use some tablet holder for Genos? What model do you use?

Regards,
Pedro

Offline Rick D.

Re: Genos Tablet Holder
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 03:18:44 PM »
Hi Pedro,

This is what I use for my iPad Pro. It works great and is high quality. I mount mine on the wall and I can put the iPad to within six inches of my nose if I need to.

https://www.displays2go.com/P-36312/Secure-Tablet-Wall-Mount-Extendable-Arm?gclid=CjwKCAiA6Y2QBhAtEiwAGHybPXGKHixhDK9g7fmYX59VIjbcSUATHp9YHveIA2zkqCs6RPyCDHSkHxoCa2gQAvD_BwE

Rick D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 03:33:12 PM »
Pedro,

I use Songbook+ on my iPad for displaying sheetmusic.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/songbook/id447755419

It works great and is completely compatible with the Genos. You can also see the AirTurn pedal  I use to switch pages forwards and backwards on the music rest in the picture from my last post, it is bluetooth and works great.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/AirTurn/DUO-200-Wireless-Pedal-Control-1500000256884.gc?source=4WWMWXGL&storeCode=&source=4WWRWXGL&gclid=CjwKCAiA6Y2QBhAtEiwAGHybPfLJPf3px7hnhZ_zqggyin-3WHTzW2mlDoxcBgFaSuj0zHjMMQjwYBoC7VMQAvD_BwE

You have to have your sheet music in either PDF or JPG format. I chose PDF, and scanned about 800 songs when I first got it. It took me a week of off and on scanning. Once scanned you upload them with iTunes to your iPad. If your not using Apple maybe someone else could point you in the right direction for other tablets.

Rick D.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 06:04:28 PM »
Hello!

I'm thinking about buying a big tablet to read the music sheet.

How do you use the tablet with genos?
1) Put the tablet on music stand. Is it stay well?
2) Use some tablet holder for Genos? What model do you use?

Regards,
Pedro

I put my 11” iPad on the music stand. Works well for me.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »
Thank you Rick and Fred for your answers.

Helped me a lot.

Regards,
Pedro

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 05:37:49 PM »
One last question:

And to connect the iPad to Genos, what kind of connection do you use?

USB Cable? What Genos Port?
Wireless connection?

Thanks,
Pedro

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 07:14:20 PM »
Pedro,

I started out with a wireless connection and it worked ok but every IOS upgrade caused problems. Now I have it hard wired to Genos using a standard printer cable plugged into host jack on back of Genos and the USB end plugged into an Apple A1619 Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter. this adapter also allows you to charge the iPad at the same time.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?afid=p238%7Css8YvAchk-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_496840630947_pgrid_117014976843_pntwk_g_pchan_online_pexid__&cid=aos-us-kwgo-pla-btb--slid---product-MK0W2AM/A

Here is the linnk to the Manual for Songbook+ to help you get set up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8gw4wgiookqdci/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook%2B.pdf?dl=0

Rick D.

The following users thanked this post: AndiiRoo

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 07:16:47 PM »
One last question:

And to connect the iPad to Genos, what kind of connection do you use?

USB Cable? What Genos Port?
Wireless connection?

Thanks,
Pedro

I use Yamaha's midi-to-bluetooth adaptor: MD-BT01

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline JanCK

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 09:57:44 PM »
Regarding the tablet holder.  I use an iKlip Universal Tablet Mount and it works great.  I clipit to a hefty music stand (having taken off the part that would hold sheet music).  It can also be mounted to a sturdy mic stand.  The iKlip is adjustable so the iPad can be in horizontal or vertical positions, and at any angle.  The music rack that comes with Genos works, too, for holding the iPad — except sometimes the room lights can cause glaring on the iPad screen.  The iKlip lets you adjust the angle that takes away the glare.  When glaring from the lights is not an issue, it’s easier to just use the Genos music rack.

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 11:26:41 AM »
Thank you all of you !!!

I could connect the iPad to SongBook+ using Genos WIFI as Access Point mode - however, I needed to change the default IP Address (192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1) and everything worked.

iPad fits well on music stand, but I will think about having a holder.

Do you guys use a bluetooth Pedal for fliping/turning the pages without hands??

Thanks,
Pedro

Offline JanCK

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 01:54:38 PM »
I’ve been happy with the Firefly PageFlip.

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2022, 02:17:35 PM »
Hi Pedro,

I had mine set up with Genos Wifi as Access Point and it worked good when it worked, but everytime I got an IOS upgrade on my iPad I had to set it all up again. I got tired of it and switched to a wired hook up as stated above. Maybe you will have better luck.

I use an Air Turn Pedal. It works great.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/airturn-duo-200-wireless-pedal-control/l45146000000000?cntry=US&cur=USD&utm_content=L45146000000000--AirTurn+DUO+200+Wireless+Pedal+Control&source=3WWRWXGS&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmKiQBhClARIsAKtSj-kV2CCyzqlRutQE_Tl_5ioqZ3SH_OSrasORrbZFNYydtp8p_qVKqakaAqoqEALw_wcB

You are younger then me, I was having trouble seeing the notes with the iPad on the music stand, but when I first set it up 6 or so years ago, I also had mine on the musicstand. I just             
got my wall mounted bracket two years ago, now I have no problems just being 12 inches closer. I don't need my glasses.

Good luck,

Rick D.

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2022, 08:18:37 PM »
Thanks!

I used the WIFI

Rick, I was just searching about AirTurn DUO 200, and it's exactly what you have been using so far. And I just needed to know if someone has used before - Thanks.

Thanks again,
Pedro

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 10:11:40 PM »
Pedro,

How are you making out? Did you get everything working?

Rick D.