Author Topic: Shared EQ settings  (Read 1934 times)

Offline manojm

Shared EQ settings
« on: October 08, 2020, 11:40:08 AM »
This page has sample master EQ setting for different Keyboards.

https://www.arrangertutorials.com/master-eq-collection/

There is no perfect EQ setting which which suits all situations. It depends on the sound system, the performance location etc. But this is for beginners to try out different combinations used by others and compare the output and create their own from it.

The following users thanked this post: loendersloot, Jacob

Re: Shared EQ settings
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 01:57:06 PM »
There is no perfect EQ setting which which suits all situations. It depends on the sound system, the performance location etc. But this is for beginners to try out different combinations used by others and compare the output and create their own from it.
Absolutely correct! Sometimes people will copy EQ settings, set up their Genos with them, and then be horribly disappointed because the sound is terrible. We must consider the room characteristics, speakers, type of music, and other important variables. We must also think about our own ears. As we age, we lose the ability to hear the upper frequencies.

Personally, I like to have my speakers set up in front of me about 10 feet away. I use my Bose L1 Compacts for that setup. It gives me a rough idea of what they'll sound like in larger venues, if we ever get back on stages!!! Otherwise, I use my Yamaha HS-8 monitor speakers at the recommended sitting distances.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: manojm

Offline reya

Re: Shared EQ settings
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 08:32:45 AM »
Did not know Korg keyboards displayed a graph showing the result of the eq settings !
Very useful.

Come on Yamaha, if they can do that, so can you, what are you waiting for .... :D
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets